Can you recommend a motorcycle lift

Striker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking for recommendations on a motorcycle lift/Workbench.

Cheers Andy

Some things to consider :- budget quality (eg is it made from chinesium) weight capacity features like tie down points wheel chock rear wheel drop out plate Good spares back up manual hydraulic or air powered
That's just for starters hth

:beerjug:

I have had a clarke manual lift for 2 1/2 years,
the bed is longer than some others,it does the job,
Had many different bikes on it, roomy enough to use paddock stands,
Bought it on vat free offer and delivered price was compettitive,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gqdh7neMimk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good looking kit is this ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gqdh7neMimk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good looking kit is this ;)

Enjoyed that watched the whole 14 minutes, looks like a cracking piece of kit, bit of overkill for my needs now.............;)

https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?pid=44

I have a EazyRizer Big Blue Professional that works well for me on all my bikes.

GPF7K86.jpg

^^^ Looks good too and cheaper although it is a manual screw jack type as opposed to hydraulic :beerjug:

Just a thought It may be possible to buy an Abba ex display model on the last day of the next bike show if they are exhibiting ?

Depends what kind of lift, table or just a lift to get the bike off the ground. I have had a big blue for years and it does the job well - https://on-bike.com/product/eazyrizer-big-blue-professional

Been using mine for several years now - works well and stows neatly away. Have added my own addons to allow the bike to be lifted while on it’s centrestand, giving a bit more working height and allowing exhaust etc removal

Attachments

• 75A5AC0F-5675-46E3-8212-246C88E48449.jpg
    75A5AC0F-5675-46E3-8212-246C88E48449.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 834
  • C1E16734-403F-4FAE-BAA3-6A4DB571C382.jpg
    C1E16734-403F-4FAE-BAA3-6A4DB571C382.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 637
Thank you for the replies.

I was originally looking for a lift/workbench. The Big Blue and the sky lift are interesting but it looks like you have to buy add on’s for each bike you have. I will have to do some research on them.

As for the quality of the kit, mainly the lift/workbench type it’s hard know when looking on the internet.

Fizzer, I followed your link but could not find a lift.

Dave, I followed you link but it says it is certified to 170kg.

The Big Blue looks good. To those that have one, does the bike strap to it, or is it angled, so the bike can’t fall off? And how easy is it to move/ store when not in use?

Thank you for the replies.

I was originally looking for a lift/workbench. The Big Blue and the sky lift are interesting but it looks like you have to buy add on’s for each bike you have. I will have to do some research on them.

As for the quality of the kit, mainly the lift/workbench type it’s hard know when looking on the internet.

Fizzer, I followed your link but could not find a lift.

Dave, I followed you link but it says it is certified to 170kg.

give them a call mate there number is there on there website,they do a 800lbs and a 1000lbs ,the bigger one has a bigger hydraulic cyclinder and a bigger bed

The Big Blue looks good. To those that have one, does the bike strap to it, or is it angled, so the bike can’t fall off? And how easy is it to move/ store when not in use?

The lift has many different accessories you can buy depending on which bike you want to lift. I still have the beam on mine because I used it to lift a Harley under the frame. I also use mine for home brewing, lifting the various 50 ltr tubs to different heights :) With the beam you get clamps to secure the bike to the lift, but to be honest with the beam lift I never needed them. You can just use ratchet straps if you're worried. The big plus for me, is the lift doesn't use hydraulics so is easily controlled. I have never lifted my RT with it as I haven't yet bothered to get the correct bits. Storing wise, you could strip it down, but I just leave mine assembled in the garage and use the platform to stack stuff on.

+1 as casbar says, however it is nice to have a nice flat floor to move it around as it has 2 wheels on the back, so you have to pull the lift back towards you and drag it or push it, once the bike is on the lift, no moving around at all, basically you cannot spin the bike around like the abba lift, but that was fine for me, as for storage just goes flat against the wall, or you can take it to pieces, only minutes to put back together, one thing for sure, I had my Fatbob on it all winter once, and it was rock solid, if you use a drill to get it up, do not use a cheapo drill or it will burn out in seconds, it needs some serious torque...or just by hand with a socket and ratchet handle is fine, just to get to the exact height needed, and is less jumpy this way.......;)

Back
Top Bottom