Baden Baden

doing a one night stop mid july in Baden Baden enroute to Alps. Riding down from Europort so Baden Baden is far enough. Will stop over here, then be fresh for a quick spin down the B500. Possible stop in the same place enroute back to the boat too

Anybody got any hotel recommendations ? 3 star more than 5 star just a basic B and B type place . Seen one some where advertised as owned by Bikers ......cant find it though .

Cheers in Advance

In the German section there’s a sticky, including links to all sorts of biker friendly hotels. Give it a go. Hotels, where they are and what they offer are very personal things. Whipping through something like Booking.com or TripAdvisor are as good as anything, not least as you (and you alone) know what you want.

Not so many years ago there was only the Michelin Red Guide to hotels, as there was no internet, websites or forums. Even so, people in cars, on motorbikes or on foot still managed to find hotels to suit them. The 21st century’s technology seems to have made it harder.

Cheers for that Wapping i went to the Black Forest section for advice, but will now go into the Germany One.
Booking dot com etc we only use as a last resort, would rather have actual feedback and advice from a bike person who has actually visited . Cheers mate

Cheers for that Wapping i went to the Black Forest section for advice, but will now go into the Germany One.
Booking dot com etc we only use as a last resort, would rather have actual feedback and advice from a bike person who has actually visited . Cheers mate

Now we are starting to cook with gas.

If you go to the sticky ‘Germany calling’ and scroll down, you’ll find the links to the hotels. The advantage is that the links will sometimes open up all sorts of other good stuff. For example, from the Tourenfahrer site, selecting a hotel that looks OK ie it looks that it would suit YOU, as opposed to suiting some unknown bod who happens to maybe ride a GS motorcycle (I don’t) who’s idea of a good hotel is if it is right next door to the kebab shop (whose vent is right outside the window of your room) or stuck at the bottom of a mountain with no views, might bring you routes to ride:

eb7e8acb6e0c10ed4ef17e3be78b1a4e.jpg

755c5f13c33446b26c6e0e421ca3a346.jpg

b4aa1420cdbec67599314b1c212284c8.jpg

I don’t subscribe to the “I’ll only stay where somebody unknown tells me it’s OK” school. If everyone did that, there would only be one or two hotels, fully booked for years to come. I have never come across a hotel that is so unfriendly to a bloke on a motorcycle that I’d wish I was dead. I have found some great places, sometimes by looking at the internet, sometimes by chance. Sometimes, when stopping for a coffee, I might look across the street and think to myself, “That’s a nice looking hotel, I’ll go across and pick up the details from the receptionist”. I then make a note of it for another time. Sometimes I have used the hotel, sometimes I haven’t. Either way, the note is still there, on my iPad, which means I can find it easily.

You ride and have bought into the whole Adventure (with a capital A) bike thing. Start your adventure by picking hotels, not just relying on what someone else suggests. It builds confidence for the next time. Then, when you’ve found a hotel you like, share it here. It spreads the love.

Have a good holiday.

Richard

Many thanks for your help :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom