Spanish motorcycle hire, help needed

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and the wife are driving down to southern Spain at the end of Febuary to spend a month in the sun. We’re staying at a place called Manilva which is just south of Estapona and Marbella.
While there I thought it would be nice to spend a couple of days on a motorcycle up in the mountains so I was wondering if anyone out there knows of or could recommend me a place to hire one from. Looking at renting something 500cc or above.

I think Toro Trail in Alhaurin el Grande rents out GS 1200s with satnav and routes loaded. Not used them but they've had some good reviews.
Look on YouTube for The Missenden Flyer as he's put a video up of his trip a couple of months ago.

Hi Dave, as Luke has said Casares is well worth a visit, park in the parking area as you come into the village, and walk down into it. The streets are very narrow. To give you an idea, think enough room for two loaded donkeys to pass, also very steep in most parts. After Casares go back to the road you came up from Manilva on, the ( A377 ) and head for Gaucin as you come into the village turn left, if you stop after 100mts, you can grab a coffee, and admire the views back down to the coast they are quite something, on a clear day you can see as far as the Rif mountains in Morocco. After that another 50 odd mts turn right onto the Main Algeciras to Ronda road the ( A405 ) and head up to Ronda, a great biking road, and Ronda is a must see. If you need any more info, RE places to see and eat, I'm only to pleased to help. I do a lot of my riding in that part of the world. I also do a lot of eating around Sabinillas, Puerto De La Duquesa, and Castilo...:D

We used Mark at

http://www.bmwmotohire.com

He had a full range of bikes from lowered F650gs , full cream GS’s and also a couple of K1600.

The biggest boom for us was Marks suggestions for routes, some great rides around Andalucia

I think Toro Trail in Alhaurin el Grande rents out GS 1200s with satnav and routes loaded. Not used them but they've had some good reviews.
Look on YouTube for The Missenden Flyer as he's put a video up of his trip a couple of months ago.
Went with Toro between Christmas and New Year, and can recommend the friendly efficient service. Oh and the bikes are good ��

+1 for Mark Comer for bmw bikes (also accomm) based at Teba

+1 for the accommodation. We stayed there a couple of years ago when I travelled down on the Crosstourer from the Picos.
Mark picked the wife up from Malaga airport and we had a terrific week staying at La Calera.
Fabulous place and a really friendly and helpful family.

Back
Top Bottom