Highway pegs

stu1969

Reaction score
Hello,
Advice needed again I'm afraid. I've got a 08 R1200GS without crash bars. I often rest my legs on the cylinder heads and after talking to a friend I am now aware of something called highway pegs.

I've googled them and there seem to be plenty out there that fit to crash bars but I've only seen a couple that fit without them and they are in the US.

Is anyone aware of any UK products?
Thanks
Stuart
4f09c6adf7d23b4e88642470c04e930c.jpg
837ddeabb84ea0c798a881269d5a1251.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Highway bars becoming more popular so surprised none available in UK ~ but is that a prob buying from US? Given the flat twin design of a gs/gsa i think using hpegs will splay the legs (may not be as comf as putting legs on cylinder heads). Given the faff i recently had with CN over std panniers etc etc am not sure how hpegs will be looked upon as a non OEM modification to the bike by insurance companies (esp taking feet away from the controls)...

Highway bars becoming more popular so surprised none available in UK ~ but is that a prob buying from US? Given the flat twin design of a gs/gsa i think using hpegs will splay the legs (may not be as comf as putting legs on cylinder heads). Given the faff i recently had with CN over std panniers etc etc am not sure how hpegs will be looked upon as a non OEM modification to the bike by insurance companies (esp taking feet away from the controls)...
Hi, there isn't a problem getting some from the US other than not have the chance to see them in the flesh as it were.

Hi, there isn't a problem getting some from the US other than not have the chance to see them in the flesh as it were.

Be advised you could be hit very hard with import duty.

I used a Hexhead that had highways pegs attached to wrap-around crash bar extensions. The pegs were only needed because the bike had a low seat. The leg reach to floor was nice but the scrunched up knees and overly high handlebars it caused meant rider needed the highways pegs. I preferred my own bike with a standard GS seat height. The floor reach for me is a little stretched but the highway pegs were a poor fix for an issue that I quickly adapted to.

I used a Hexhead that had highways pegs attached to wrap-around crash bar extensions. The pegs were only needed because the bike had a low seat. The leg reach to floor was nice but the scrunched up knees and overly high handlebars it caused meant rider needed the highways pegs. I preferred my own bike with a standard GS seat height. The floor reach for me is a little stretched but the highway pegs were a poor fix for an issue that I quickly adapted to.
There are loads that fit to crash bars but as mentioned, my bike hasn't got them.

There are loads that fit to crash bars but as mentioned, my bike hasn't got them.

I was trying to say how not very useful they were. I could get my feet on them but it was not comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom