BMW 1150GS CO emision - Euro3 ?

Robvv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Is anyone knows what is a the CO emission in 1150GS engines and if they comply with the Euro3 emission standards ?

Some say the BMW make it comply from 1999.

Thank you

Rob

Just run some of mine on the tfl site.

2015 1200gslc. Ok
2001. 1150gs. Not ok
2017. Skoda Kodiaq 190 diesel auto 4x4. Ok

Put in my 55 plate twinspark GSA registration in the TFL site and it says:-

"on 8 April 2019 if you travel in the ULEZ you will need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards*

Looking at the TFL guidelines it says to be ULEZ compliant the vehicle must be " Euro 3 for motorcycles, mopeds, motorised tricycles and quadricycles (L category)" and that "Euro 3 became mandatory for all new motorcycles in 2007"
wonder if the bikes are compliant to Euro 3 but that TFL are using the 2007 date instead of bikes before that date that are compliant?

Good outcome is that my old classic bikes are exempt due to their Historic vehicle taxation class. Rolling 40 years old.

FFS, do a "search" and your question will be answered .
You can get a certificate of compliance from BMW for the 1150 models that will except your bike from the ULEZ charge..

It's the nox emmisions that TFL are interested in - read the thread HERE

Prob mean nothing and prob useless info for you all but just put my 98 1100gs in and I can go in and out for nowt.....

Yes it is related to ULEZ and Steptoe (thank you ) point me to right direction .

Looks like it is a long process but can be done take same time and money (BMW charge £140 for certificate).

Back
Top Bottom