Garmin Zumo 590LM with Europe Maps

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Can I assume that I can't purchase North America maps for my Europe zumo ? Can't seem to find a way to do it.

RBW.

Can I assume that I can't purchase North America maps for my Europe zumo ? Can't seem to find a way to do it.

RBW.

Log onto garmin, and see what maps they offer.

AFAIK the unit is just a GPS - its the mapping thats the key

Ive never heard of having to buy a continent specific nav unit

For Canada, I built the maps I wanted on OpenStreetMap and loaded to card, worked a treat.

I was using Nuvi 3598 but will work similarly on the 590

That link is to a UK and Ireland map ???

The point is I suspect Garmin doesnt allow US maps on an EU device, its not as simple as just loading a map hence scotboxer's advice.

If it wasnt obvious I'd rather hear from someone who has done this rather than random suggestions based on (incorrect) assumptions. :thumb2

RBW.

Sorry, my mistake re link, here's another, they do work in the 590, as that is exactly what I have used in the USA. :)

https://www.memoryc.com/4468-garmin...MIgsjTo8Cd4AIVypTtCh3gDg2YEAQYASABEgKYqvD_BwE

Go onto eBay and buy a USA chip , stick it in ,,and away you go :thumb2
That's what we did with the zumo 660 anyway , worked just fine :thumb2

Search for Garmin North America on Amazon - £63. Buy it on the micro SD card and put that in your GPS, and then you have your maps.

As has been mentioned, the device is just the device, put any maps you like in it.
Just don't download any new maps, other than your NT Europe maps, as it will overwrite anything in memory, hence easiest to add maps via SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than buying a Garmin made SD card of America, Open Street Maps is definitely the way to go.

Do be very wary of buying ‘Garmin’ SD cards off eBay, no matter how tempting it might look. Very often the cards are keyed to a specific device, so will not work in your device, no matter how much you try.

Back
Top Bottom