Mysterious pulsing issue.

How many people with this issue are running Metzler tyres ?

Found a thread on a k1600 forum and they have the same problem at the same speeds and same gears. As that's an IL4 that eliminates the engine as a common cause. Anyway several of them found the fault was tyre specific. Metzler tyres made it worst setting up a 5hz osc at certain speeds, Michelin Pr3,4 it's there a little bit etc etc. I must admit I only noticed it for the first time touring in France/Spain and I fitted Metzler Roadtecs for the trip. Had the oem A3's before. Has got me wondering.

How many people with this issue are running Metzler tyres ?

Found a thread on a k1600 forum and they have the same problem at the same speeds and same gears. As that's an IL4 that eliminates the engine as a common cause. Anyway several of them found the fault was tyre specific. Metzler tyres made it worst setting up a 5hz osc at certain speeds, Michelin Pr3,4 it's there a little bit etc etc. I must admit I only noticed it for the first time touring in France/Spain and I fitted Metzler Roadtecs for the trip. Had the oem A3's before. Has got me wondering.

Sorry no, PR3,PR4,AK3,dunlop trailsmart,RTec01 and PST.

I’ve had this on my 2012 1200. Occurred in 5th gear at 3000 revs. Tried not to make it too annoying so shifted out of it most times.
(Hopefully) Won’t be problem in a couple of weeks... new 1250 on order :D:D

I expect the 1250 to have the issue as well, since the final drive, drive shaft and gearbox have not changed from the 1200 LC. Most noticable in 4th Gear around 2500 rpm.

I had it with my 2010 TC, more noticeable under 2 up with luggage (Metzler Tourance )
I now have it with my 2015 LC. (Dunlop Trailsmart).

Its like a low hum pulsing at certain speeds. It doesn't bother me, I just ride on :).

I posted a couple of months ago... gear box and or front clutch / internal transfer shaft related I'd guess... I've been on 4 LC's and they have all done it to some extent.
my 17 plate I have now I can just about feel it... but my 15 plate with manual suspension, you could feel it a lot... engine rpm related not final drive.. worst when the shocks are stiffer
Mine got that bad I got rid as I though the box was on its way out... I could tell from the pulsing the gear I was in without looking...
3rd was just rough
4th was more a fueling wa, wa, wa type thing
5th was a knock, knock, knock through the pegs about 5 times a second ... as you say, all around 2.5 / 3.5K
very poor...

yes I think opening a case against BMW for this is appropriate as they should not do it!!

Back
Top Bottom