Boots

British Army Arctic issue boots.

Really strong, super comfortable, goretex lined, warm, dry, nothing like rubbish issued boots of old and........... £50 2nd hand unworn. What's not to like?

Altberg - awesome company
and https://www.alpinestars.com/belize-drystarr-oiled-leather-boot

They're my choices :) Altberg are an awesome company, and you can go to the factory (near Scotch Corner off the A1) for a fitting service :)

I’ve had Altbergs before, beautiful boots. I like the alpinestars you’ve provided a link for. I ideally want something which is comfortable to walk in but also offers some protection and support to the foot.

British Army Arctic issue boots.

Really strong, super comfortable, goretex lined, warm, dry, nothing like rubbish issued boots of old and........... £50 2nd hand unworn. What's not to like?

These are what I use, dry and comfortable and only £40 brand new off ebay.

I’ve had BMW Santiago, Sidi Adventure Gortex, Forma Adventure and Altberg Hoggs - I wore army boots for years when I was younger.
I do a lot of miles. My Altberg’s are also my walking boots - avg 5-8 miles once a month. I’ve had them for nearly 10 years and guess they’ve done around 30K bike miles. I’ve had them resolved once and ledergrise them every 6-8 weeks - they look like new. And will easily out last me.
My choice would be Altberg clubmans, bullet proof, comfortable and surprisingly safe.
:thumby:

Daytona Travel star Pro boots are my boots of choice, Fully protected with CE approval but till comfier than any other boot

I’ve had Altbergs before, beautiful boots. I like the alpinestars you’ve provided a link for. I ideally want something which is comfortable to walk in but also offers some protection and support to the foot.

Agree :)

I have even done a couple of small hillwalks in the Altbergs (they have a hiking boot sole).
The Alpinestar Belize has all the latest protection but also seems quite comfy to walk in (but not done enough miles yet to be sure)

Another vote for Alt Berg. Have a pair of well worn Clubman Roadsters which are incredibly comfortable. They are beginning to let in ever so slightly in heavy rain, but I can forgive that as I bought them in 1996!
I have recently got a pair of Roadrunners which I like. They will be at their best when fully broken in in a year or two.

Icon patrol 2, I love these for day or weekend rides, no laces waterproof, and so so cumfy even used on the trails

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_181935.jpg
    IMG_20190208_181935.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 151
Altbergs. If you can go to their shop on the outskirts of Richmond, you will get very personal service. Try on as many boots as you want to find the right fit. Once decided on fit, if they do not have the model you want in stock, they will make and send to you. Great boots for riding or walking.

Back
Top Bottom