Auxillary light circuits.

flytoolow

Reaction score
Hi,

Im upgrading my auxiliary lights to 2 pairs ( i.e 4 lights) of LEDS, a pair of spots and a pair of flood lights.

I want to operate them from a 4 position rocker switch, Off; Spots ON; Floods ON and Both spots and floods ON.

Therefore I need 2 separate circuits. I have one already from the existing light circuit.

So here are the questions : Does anyone have an existing circuit diagram ? Im guessing a second relay is the way to proceed for the second auxiliary circuit?

What switch did you use? Did you use the existing auxiliary switch position ( i.e under the handle bars, or did you find a better location somewhere on the dash ?

Thanks

F2L

That's what I thought when reading your post... 3 pole only.

You could just have two switched - on/off for each?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd go for two switches, that way you don't lose everything if something fails, also if you can get relays with built in fuses makes life easier.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have the same set up you are talking about albeit my LEDs are DRLs and have their own circuit that is voltage sensing. I ran both from the battery but used a handlebar mounted switch to turn off if needed. The driving lights run through a relay and the trigger is the high beam live and the additional power for them is not pulled through the existing circuit.
My DRLs also have a dimming feature so if wanted I can set to half brightness, this is controlled via a switch fed from the side lamp live.

You can have spots and fogs operate from one auto switch unit and two relays.. plus with the auto switch unit you font have switches and wiring all over the handlebars.

You can have spots and fogs operate from one auto switch unit and two relays.. plus with the auto switch unit you font have switches and wiring all over the handlebars.

So both on, or both off...Full "in ya face" all the time...:nenau wouldn't I look like the local HD chapter coming down the road :augie. Objective is security and seeing where I'm going in deepest darkest France not kinda " hey look at me!" If you get the meaning ?

So both on, or both off...Full "in ya face" all the time...:nenau wouldn't I look like the local HD chapter coming down the road :augie. Objective is security and seeing where I'm going in deepest darkest France not kinda " hey look at me!" If you get the meaning ?

How you want them to operate in sequence is entirely your choice.

Watch out for the fed patrols in France if you have your DRLs switched on in daylight for cager-visibility-of-you.
I was pulled by the Guardia the other day and told to switch mine off 'cos they're regarded here as 'non-homologated'.
Could be the same in France....In my experience the Federales in France aren't as cheerful as Spanish Tráfico patrolmen.

I have my DRLs switched through the Heated Grips switch on the right-hand bar 'cos southern Spain and heated grips is a non-sequitur. They were duff anyway. The grips that is.
AL in s.e. Spain
G87tLfgw

https://postimg.cc/G87tLfgw

Back
Top Bottom