Insurance Void

Simong

Reaction score
In 2016 I had 2 GSA's stolen, both with trackers / alarms / disc locks / chains. My insurance was voided later becuase of an honest mistake on a comparison site.
Insurance voids can happen for many reasons, sometimes it's deserved, sometimes its an honest mistake, but punishing drivers / riders for their entire life is massively disproportionate to the crime.
Ive started a government petitions to try to force insurance companies to timelimit the punishment.
please help by signing the petition below

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/238286

My insurance was voided later because of an honest mistake on a comparison site.

A worthy cause but their usual get out is to advise you to read all the small print on the new policy

Signed, I am curious did you complain to the ombudsman, there was a ruling, last year which clarified about honest/dishonest errors and what should happen.

I would also get advice from ICO, there is after all a legal requirement to only keep information for a relevant time and purpose.

I'm #8 now.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had my insurance voided on my Africa Twin theft. I forgot to state on application about an attempted theft of the GS a year previous. I don't think I tried to cheat but between all different comparison sites it may have gotten lost in transfer, different sites etc. Anyhow, I took it on the chin. My gripe is that I forfeited my premiums, didn't get a penny, am now branded as a voided insuree and they didn't pay out...Surely if they don't pay out, it should then be a case of take my premium (insurer lost fuck all) I lost a lot..but don't keep punishing me on and on for any new bike/next bike, car, van I try to insure. They are able to do a very quick check to see if you have previous claims when you DO claim...why not do that at the onset and tell you you need to include previous claims they have come across in their database! In my mind, they are happy to take your premiums knowing that if you claim they won't pay out but bet on that you WON'T claim and hence they get the premiums anyway! signed

Wapping to the insurance thread please. Wapping to the thread.

Voiding insurance by an insurer is pretty hard to do and (given the huge number of policies issued a year and the numpties they are often bought and sold by) very rare, often down to: non-payment of the premium, failure - on request and often after several reminders - to produce evidence to support information given to the insurer, significant non-disclosure or fraud.

I’d be interested in more news from the OP as to the circumstances of his ‘honest mistake’ via an on-line comparison site. Who voided it? The broker, for example if he didn’t keep up his staged premium payments? Or was it the insurer, because he genuinely forgotten his drink drive conviction or maybe he just forgot to tick the box, saying he’d had one?

The post asking for our help is pretty vague. He tells us that had two bikes stolen in 2016. We are now only just in 2019. It’s not clear when the voiding of the insurance took place (or why) or when he discovered that the alleged ‘lifetime’ that the voiding of an insurance (apparently) lasts turned around to bite him. A ‘lifetime’ is an awfully long time; it reads to me that the OP’s experience is reasonably recent and very much shorter, unless he is a fruit fly, whose lifetime is very short.

In short, how and when did he discover the ‘lifetime’ consequences of a genuine mistake, what mistake was it, who voided the policy, why and when?

PS OP check your spelling of licence. You don’t want your petition to fail on an honest mistake.

I’d be interested in more news from the OP as to the circumstances of his ‘honest mistake’ via an on-line comparison site.

Same here. Seems extreme.

In my mind, they are happy to take your premiums knowing that if you claim they won't pay out

Many, many posts on this site alone, tell us that assertion is definitely NOT true.

It is incredible in the age of mass class actions, public awareness of crimes (real and imagined) and ever zealous watchdogs, that this crime of the century (and presumably, the last century too) is not plastered across every newspaper, wall, Facebook page and website.

Are people so asleep that this multi-billion pound fraud - perpetrated by Fortune 500 companies, registered here in the UK and supposedly regulated by the government - is going on under their very noses? I think we need to be told. Once the genie is out of the bottle, there’ll be no putting it back.

I have a feeling we'll never know what this "honest mistake" was, but it would be good to know, in case others here have done the same.

I have a feeling we'll never know what this "honest mistake" was, but it would be good to know, in case others here have done the same.

He’s not been the most regular of correspondents to the hallowed pages of UKGSer, so I fear you may be right.

Up to 19 now. Rome wasn’t built in a day but at this rate he won’t even have the conception of Romulus done by the cut-off date.

21 signatures. I suspect the additional two are his mum, so that he doesn’t feel bad.

21 signatures. I suspect the additional two are his mum, so that he doesn’t feel bad.

OP`s rate of one post a year compared to 21 sig a day suggests there could be almost a thousand on the list when he next looks in here........
:popcorn:popcorn

Back
Top Bottom