Gsa 850.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a 850 Gsa. Anyone running one? I’m interested in real world mileage and tank size. My old gsa 800 had a claimed 24 liter tank real volume was 27. Just wondering has anyone ever found out? JJH

Not even seen one on the road yet.
Have you sat on one yet? I found it very wide with the fuel tank now up front.

I had a 1200 gsa and I regret trading it in for a rt. The mileage was 82000km. Not a lot on one of those. Anyway I definitely can’t afford to go to a 1250 at the moment. I had a f800 gsa and they are a good bike. My round trip is 90 km and I do a fair bit of overtime 6 sometimes 7 day a week. I’ve a bee in my bonnet about getting 5 days out of a tankfull. I could wait for a demonstration 1250 to come up but there’s a new 850 in the dealership and I like the look of it. It’s down to how much they value my bike it’s had a prang and it cost over €5000 to put right. The dealer says it doesn’t reduce the value of it but let’s see what they are prepared to go. The RT is going one way or another as I find it too cramped. I like the leg splayed riding position and find myself consciously keeping my legs against the tank on the 850gs I’m riding for the next day or two as my bike is in for some electricical work. JJH

Gsa 850

I don’t know what happened there to my thread. Feel free to post all your valueable experience here. JJH

Was having a gander at a 850 exclusive yesterday, as I’m considering a change, its launched in the UK at the beginning of march with demos available, i might have a go and might be pleasantly surprised, but on of the issues i have with it is the god dam awful silencer box under the swingarm and the very long silencer arrangement.

The ergonomics for me were spot on, it felt very natural and comfortable standing, but the screen need to be taller and wider to give the bike some height as it doesn’t look balanced, like say a 1250 gs with the standard screen set high. The front tyre looks so skinny (it is) but the Offroad tyres are wider and look much better, or if you could get the 1250 front wheel rim and spokes, you could have a 19” front wheel with a wider tyre as the hub is the same as the 1250.

It is rather odd looking but has fantastic wind and weather protection and would most likely be a superb touring bike with much better fuel economy than a 1200/1250 for about £3.5k - £4k less. The grey exclusive actually looks better than the blue rallye version imho and comes with the larger screen, but the rallye has the rallye seat

Attachments

• EE7FA150-230A-4265-AF97-C4A872E3F628.jpg
    EE7FA150-230A-4265-AF97-C4A872E3F628.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 392
The ergonomics are spot on cept for the screen. I wonder will there be a multitude of models in the coming months? JJH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom