Oh no my bloody new 1250 GSA!

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
One spot light has come a bit loose! :eek:

TD
(Beta tester :thumb)

Is there a recall as my 1985 Honda wet dream has never broken once in twenty gazillion miles. And it only cost me £10 and a fluffy toffee from my duffle coat.

Reject it, as it’s not fit for purpose :rob

Must say my 67 GSA is the best bike I’ve ever owned. No issues , rides so well and flatters my input . Thought about a 1250 but I guess the cost to change would be crap. The last of each series seems the best. A bit like my basic TC 1200 2013 , everything about it was sorted . Hope this is not the beginning of the end for your 1250 , we need beta riders to get stuff like that sorted for the mk 3 model😎😎

Must say my 67 GSA is the best bike I’ve ever owned. No issues , rides so well and flatters my input . Thought about a 1250 but I guess the cost to change would be crap. The last of each series seems the best. A bit like my basic TC 1200 2013 , everything about it was sorted . Hope this is not the beginning of the end for your 1250 , we need beta riders to get stuff like that sorted for the mk 3 model����

Hear hear .....

Must take mine back to the dealer as every time I get off the dam thing I have a smug smile on my face...

Must stop letting people ride my 1250 as now 2 more people are going to get upset on how good they are ..Pick up their new bikes in the coming weeks , I have said they must be mad as they are crap....

Must stop letting people ride my 1250 as now 2 more people are going to get upset on how good they are ..Pick up their new bikes in the coming weeks , I have said they must be mad as they are crap....

So far I have resisted the urge to go and test ride one. I figure I might at the 24,000 mile service of my 16 plate GSA. Been a great bike, is smooth, reliable and still happy with it. Not convinced it will be worth dropping several thousand on a new shiny one but dare not take the risk just yet.

So far I have resisted the urge to go and test ride one. I figure I might at the 24,000 mile service of my 16 plate GSA. Been a great bike, is smooth, reliable and still happy with it. Not convinced it will be worth dropping several thousand on a new shiny one but dare not take the risk just yet.

One quote : Life is short .. enjoy it whilst you can.

Will they do better at 60mph over pot hole ridden roads strewn with gravel and tin boxes waiting to kill you at every junction? Will they cruise at 70 (mine might go 80 when reading 70...honest :p) faster than the 1200 cruises at 70? Will they make a rider into a Paris-Dakar hero on the daily commute or the once yearly trip to Europe? Will the smile be broader than the one I had on my "crap slow barge" of a 1200 today when scraping boots around some lovely B road twisties and rolling smoothly on and off the torque wave in 5th without needing to change gear? No? Didn't think so. Faster, smoother it may be...but that's for top trumps....doesn't (yet) make it better until the beta testing's all done and dusted and from what we gather the wheels are the same, the frame's much the same, the electrics are much the same and we can swap out suspension on the 1200 and (apparently) have the engine "Hill-topped" (other flavours ARE available). Faster out of corners it may be but I didn't realise we were all in a race (are we?). Would a crap rider on a 1250 be "better" than a decent rider on a 1200? (nope).

Should I just go out and buy an S1000RR and blow all the 1250's into the weeds? Nah...think I'll save up and buy a 1950's Indian Chief that leaks enough oil to waterproof its leather panniers and forget that the odemeter stopped working at 200K miles and bet that I have as big a grin on my face.....bugger.....buying a 1250 would be a lot cheaper! For some, good enough will never be enough....better will never be the best, contented, they'll never be. Wait until the R1300GS comes out with 150BHP.....lots of 1250's will hit the classifieds after bmw bring out the Mk2 and Mk3 to fund the new kid on the block to R&D stage 1. Glad I can be happy with what I have. Makes for a more satisfying life longer term I think, but hey, each to their own and enjoy what you enjoy.

Will they do better at 60mph over pot hole ridden roads strewn with gravel and tin boxes waiting to kill you at every junction? Will they cruise at 70 (mine might go 80 when reading 70...honest :p) faster than the 1200 cruises at 70? Will they make a rider into a Paris-Dakar hero on the daily commute or the once yearly trip to Europe? Will the smile be broader than the one I had on my "crap slow barge" of a 1200 today when scraping boots around some lovely B road twisties and rolling smoothly on and off the torque wave in 5th without needing to change gear? No? Didn't think so. Faster, smoother it may be...but that's for top trumps....doesn't (yet) make it better until the beta testing's all done and dusted and from what we gather the wheels are the same, the frame's much the same, the electrics are much the same and we can swap out suspension on the 1200 and (apparently) have the engine "Hill-topped" (other flavours ARE available). Faster out of corners it may be but I didn't realise we were all in a race (are we?). Would a crap rider on a 1250 be "better" than a decent rider on a 1200? (nope).

Should I just go out and buy an S1000RR and blow all the 1250's into the weeds? Nah...think I'll save up and buy a 1950's Indian Chief that leaks enough oil to waterproof its leather panniers and forget that the odemeter stopped working at 200K miles and bet that I have as big a grin on my face.....bugger.....buying a 1250 would be a lot cheaper! For some, good enough will never be enough....better will never be the best, contented, they'll never be. Wait until the R1300GS comes out with 150BHP.....lots of 1250's will hit the classifieds after bmw bring out the Mk2 and Mk3 to fund the new kid on the block to R&D stage 1. Glad I can be happy with what I have. Makes for a more satisfying life longer term I think, but hey, each to their own and enjoy what you enjoy.

You’ll have one within 6 months! ;)

Back
Top Bottom