2008 1200GS front caliper seals - available individually anywhere?

He rebuilt mine last year. Best price and great job. Sent and returned by courier

Hold on buddy - people here are only trying to help. Have a little respect, or don't post in the first place.

Sorry to have missed this. I would say two things. From the perspective of a psychologist, people aren't 'only trying to help.' Motivations are far more complicated, and much of what one sees in internet posts is about far more than benevolence. I don't doubt that you are trying to help, and I am not commenting on your own motivations.

The point to make is that the post I replied to is inaccurate and was not in response to the question I asked.

I really do think that these threads can be misleading to those who are inexperienced and may take apparent confidence as a marker for competence. As many will know, the most competent are frequently not the most confident or the most vociferous.

you wanted a seal, and lots of responses were how to get the seals.... in an overhaul kit, probably because most caliper issues are to do with sticking pistons - which is often due to bore or piston damage leading to seal failure.

A mate with BMs often pulls his apart and finds corrosion, not surprising as its very common on bikes, I was looking at the fronts on mine this year, 7 pistons were like new, 1 had corrosion, damage.
If you have seal failure but all pistons are like new, it sounds to me like overly aggressive cleaning agents or left on too long

Back
Top Bottom