Schubert E1

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear from those who are using a Schubert E1. They are going at 40% discount on fc-moto.de

I'd be interested if the sizes are true or if they might be large/small fitting.

Unfortunately I have no dealers near me who stock any decent range of helmets especially no flip-up models.

Didnt like it at all.

Visor got too much condensation inside and worst of all water dripped down in rain between visor and seal thus creating a drip in front of my vision and droplets which wouldnt clear. Some may be ok but mine was pants.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sizing will be the same as the C3 Pro, quite a round fit and a little smaller than some brands.

If a helmet leaks it’s not been assembled correctly and it should be returned under warranty, although this is a pain if you’ve bought offshore. Some UK sellers like Motolegends will price match EU sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you asked for comments from existing users, and for the record I dont. I looked at the E1, but most of the reviews said the peak was flimsy.

I was in Adventure Bike Shop in the east of England, (yes I know nowhere near you) and he suggested the Touratech one.

https://overlandmag.com/features/touratech-aventuro-mod-helmet-review/

No discounts but gets very good reviews.

I have bought from FC Moto, even been to their shop and they are a great bunch, think you have to pay for returns.

I combined a European trip to call in at their shop, then had them part ship larger items back once I tried them on.

Depending on what colour you want they are £299 helmet city

I wanted to get one, but found it very uncomfortable when I tried one on. Mainly due to being a slap head, as the lining is quite thin. I went for a Shoei Hornet ADV instead, as the lining is much plusher.

Had my 2017 model in all weathers and no problems. It takes a while for the helmet to bed in to the shape of your head and there is definitely more pressure on your forehead which I think compared to Shoei is partly down to less padding. All in all I’m really pleased. A quality helmet.

Hmmm, varied response, as expected in a way. I have a HJC R-PHA Max EVO, bought online but it's simply too small. It's an XL 60-61cm. I've worn it twice but it's killing my forehead. Helmet City are doing nice deals on the Schubert E1...decisions decisions

I'll start with putting the HJC up for sale and research some more before I pull the trigger on a new lid.

If you want the best all around flip helmet, there's no doubt in my mind the Shoei Neotec 2 wins by far. Other helmets will suit your personal needs potnetially more, so it really depends on what you want from a helmet. If you want to narrow down exactly what you'd like from a lid, I'll give you a none biased advice as I'm pretty well aware of how most helmets compare against each other :)

If you want the best all around flip helmet, there's no doubt in my mind the Shoei Neotec 2 wins by far. Other helmets will suit your personal needs potnetially more, so it really depends on what you want from a helmet. If you want to narrow down exactly what you'd like from a lid, I'll give you a none biased advice as I'm pretty well aware of how most helmets compare against each other :)

I appreciate your advice. Besides the obvious, protecting your nut during an off, I look for comfort, easy on and off (big ears) and a decent comms option for a bit of music etc. I only ride for leisure, no commuting, and only do a max of 2K-3K annually predominantly on 'B" roads. I like the wider field of view you get with an Adventure style helmet yet would like the flip-up option as well. I think I'm kind off claustrophobic lol. A certain level of quietness would be nice but would not spend an absolute fortune just because a helmet is 1 or 3 db quieter etc. I have a Nexx Adventure helmet which is fine but always tries to strip your ears trying to get it on and off although it first perfectly. Currently looking at maybe a Schubert C3, C4 or E1. Looked at the Shoei Neotec but at 600 quit very pricey.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be pretty much what you're after. They're relatively quiet in comparison to the majority of helmets, with a wide field of vision, have the adventure style and ability to fit a comms system easily. I don't know if you've tried one on yet, but the Schuberth helmets are all in between the sizes of the rest of the helmets on the market. For example, the majority of Medium sized helmets are 57cm-58cm, where Schuberth us 56cm-57cm in medium. This being said, if you own the Nexx helmet currently they're pretty small fitting compared to most brands so the Schuberth might fit quite nice.

The only other thing that might suit you quite nicely, is something like the Shark Evo One-2 helmet might be an option for you as well, they're around the £350-£400 price range, huge field of vision, flip all the way over if you ever feel claustrophobic and want a quick and easy release. Their only major downside is due to the mechanism flipping all the way over, they're quite bulky and heavy, which isn't an issue for most, but is for some.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be pretty much what you're after. They're relatively quiet in comparison to the majority of helmets, with a wide field of vision, have the adventure style and ability to fit a comms system easily. I don't know if you've tried one on yet, but the Schuberth helmets are all in between the sizes of the rest of the helmets on the market. For example, the majority of Medium sized helmets are 57cm-58cm, where Schuberth us 56cm-57cm in medium. This being said, if you own the Nexx helmet currently they're pretty small fitting compared to most brands so the Schuberth might fit quite nice.

The only other thing that might suit you quite nicely, is something like the Shark Evo One-2 helmet might be an option for you as well, they're around the £350-£400 price range, huge field of vision, flip all the way over if you ever feel claustrophobic and want a quick and easy release. Their only major downside is due to the mechanism flipping all the way over, they're quite bulky and heavy, which isn't an issue for most, but is for some.

Really appreciate that feedback. Looking at the Shark option now and quite like that idea of the flip up going way back. My head measures just under 62cm so looking at an XL in most brands although the HJC XL was to small and put unbearable pressure on my forehead. The Shoei also caught my eye though and I found those for around 540 Euro which sounds really good.

Certain colours come in XXL option, but mainly only the plain colours. They're called "King size". Are you looking at the original Neotec or Neotec 2 at that price, it's about 10% off a plain colour price, which we can do for you if you wanted that option. Might be worth trying some on if you have anywhere local to you?

There is nowhere really near me, nearest stockist with a variety of helmets would be 2 and a half hours way. Found a nice Schubert E1 in Guardian Red colour size XXL (62-63cm) for 329.00 Pounds shipped. Funny enough the same site charges 239.00 Pounds for the intercom which I can buy for 198.00 Euro elsewhere, weird.

That's cheaper than what we can buy a plain colour for, it's a discontinued colourway so I'm going to guess it's Helmetcity you're looking at (They always buy discontinued colours and sell them super cheap). In fairness the intercom does Retail at £239.99

I'm interested to hear from those who are using a Schubert E1. They are going at 40% discount on fc-moto.de

I'd be interested if the sizes are true or if they might be large/small fitting.

Unfortunately I have no dealers near me who stock any decent range of helmets especially no flip-up models.

IME they fit exactly like my old Schuberth C3. I am L (59/60) in most makes and this fits true to size. The only helmets where I’ve had a different size are Neotech 2 (M) and BMW System 7 (XL).

It’s true the peak can vibrate more on the E1 than some other peaked helmets but in my case, adjusting the screen mostly cured it and adding two little wheel-balancing weights to the peak totally cured it.

Haven’t had any problems with leaking - yet...

That's cheaper than what we can buy a plain colour for, it's a discontinued colourway so I'm going to guess it's Helmetcity you're looking at (They always buy discontinued colours and sell them super cheap). In fairness the intercom does Retail at £239.99

I appreciate your advice. I liked the colour they had and in my size so pulled the trigger. Bought the intercom and remote as well all at a great deal. I'll not pass you guys when I'm in the market for kit.

IME they fit exactly like my old Schuberth C3. I am L (59/60) in most makes and this fits true to size. The only helmets where I’ve had a different size are Neotech 2 (M) and BMW System 7 (XL).

It’s true the peak can vibrate more on the E1 than some other peaked helmets but in my case, adjusting the screen mostly cured it and adding two little wheel-balancing weights to the peak totally cured it.

Haven’t had any problems with leaking - yet...

Thanks for the feedback. I do nearly all A and B roads and at moderate speeds because of the road conditions. I also have a screen extender keeping the wind of my helmet. I'm not to worried about the report of vibration on the peak and if it happens I now know how to deal with it :)

Wouldn’t agree with you regarding quietness compared to other lids. It’s a noisy lid compared to my Arai. However I like the peak as I ride west to east and back, so it’s ideal in a setting sun. Added a 10g tyre weight and the vibe stopped. Have had no problems regarding leakage.
Would I buy another one? Yes

Back
Top Bottom