Clean, shiny and powder coated

:drool Good one Phill, Makes me miss my TB GSA now. :tears

That is one smart looking machine you have there... very impressive

Now I’m looking at it thinking... “those rear footpeg carriers need to be done - as do the Wunderlich splash guards” (which are flaking already - 18months old and the original powder coat is buggered? Email sent to Germany already - awaiting reply.

looks great that...whats not to like ? love the colour of the boxes...if bmw made a quadruple black this would be it....well in ,Have thought about doing my pillion footrests in black powder coat, theres was an image on here recently of some might have been EVskij ? sold his and went orange

......theres was an image on here recently of some might have been EVskij ? sold his and went orange

Certainly was mine, previously belonged to Nutty’s TB GSA. So easily 3 year old powder coat and only just was starting to breakthrough on the tip of heel guard. Literally about the size of a well...... can’t think of anything that small. Not big enough to worry about basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bike is a credit to you Phill. Some job done on it:thumb2. It's a shame it can't wait that clean all the time!

Anybody know a rough ball park figure to get a frame cleaned and powder coated?

Give you local powder coaters a ring - a fair bit depends upon the colour you want, whether they’ve got it in stock and how much prep the frame takes. Some powder colours are silly expensive, others are about £10-15 a Kg. The greatest cost would be in the strip down & re-build.

It is wrap. I’ve got to get some more (hopefully this week) so I’ll let you know. Effectively, took the bike to a place close by that does wrap (“Tintinit” at Thruxton) and got the closest match to the frame colour they could do.

Thanks. I was looking at the 3M brushes aluminum or titanium wrap as it looks like metal rather than a wrap but I like that graphite grey you have

To those who were asking what colour the coaters used on the bars, he’s just got back to me. The powder they used is; HMG powder REF: 916-oso7op-1629 POLY ANTHRACITE

Ive got to get round to stripping a Suzuki DR650 and that might be a good match for the frame Phil thanks

Have to say, that looks the business. Currently in the process of blacking up my '16 GS TB - hopefully it comes out looking as tidy as yours. :thumb2

I don't think you are allowed to "black up" any more...

It signifies a lack of "wokeness" and " virtue signaling" . I shall also have to complain about the Stones' record - "Paint it black" How did they get away with that??

��

I don't think you are allowed to "black up" any more...

It signifies a lack of "wokeness" and " virtue signaling" . I shall also have to complain about the Stones' record - "Paint it black" How did they get away with that??

��

Well, I considered going for Caucasian Pink, but didn't think the finished job would look that good. Oriental Yellow just wasn't for me, likewise Polynesian Bronze.

Did seriously ponder getting go-fast flames done in Irish Ginger with a freckle topcoat. What with the relevant heritage and all. :p

You may not know this, but you can get a replacement black lever for the Quadlock to replace the bright blue one. I have done that, not difficult, but before it pings out, just make a careful note of the orientation of the metal bit that acts as the spring!

Fred

Back
Top Bottom