Side light bulb

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

My sidelight bulb has stopped working, probably blown. Any ideas what bulb type I need to get and do they do an LED one that doesn’t show fault code? I seem to remember somebody on here a few years ago selling them but I can not find the post now. I seem to remember it was a b@stard to fit.

Its a standard 12V 5W auto bulb.

About £1 from Halfords .. IF you want to go LED, you need one with the resistors built in

However most of the ones ive tried fail after a few months, because they run hot, and unsolder the electroniky bits.

Also to mimic the natural scatter of incandescant, they are often multi led, so a lot of light / heat is pushed into the headlamp assy.

Ideally you need one with one forward facing led only

Expect to pay 99p - £10 and price dosent often mean quality ;)

Its a standard 12V 5W auto bulb.

About £1 from Halfords .. IF you want to go LED, you need one with the resistors built in

However most of the ones ive tried fail after a few months, because they run hot, and unsolder the electroniky bits.

Also to mimic the natural scatter of incandescant, they are often multi led, so a lot of light / heat is pushed into the headlamp assy.

Ideally you need one with one forward facing led only

Expect to pay 99p - £10 and price dosent often mean quality ;)
Ditto.

I wouldn't waste my money on an led sidelight. If you've gone hid or led main bulbs, get a coloured sidelight to match instead.

If you're so colour coordinated !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Also know as W5W , just looking at one myself.

I had an led one in for many years and in the last year was showing and lampf fault at start up. though it was the hids I had, so took those out, no - looks to be the side light bulb with was led, so took that out andput back the original tungsten bulb. However that is looking very yellow so just looking at a 'whiter' one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005OK4...colid=CLMBD3RGO6CK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Good luck getting that bulb out, it was a pig to do for me, the rubber holder was well and truly stuck. In the found gently levering out either side alternately with a small flat screwdriver. It should just pull directly out with a little force. When I put it back I greased it with a bit of silicon grease.

I've got led 501 bulbs in my car my gsa and both of my tls's, never had. A problem with any if them, bought off eBay,

W5W 501 T10 not sure why they need 3 names for the same thing.... if u go LED you could spend a good 48 hours looking at a very large selection of rubbish ones on ebay

not sure if I agree with ones with the light facing forward... but on this odd fitment might make sense...
for nearly every other sidelight application what's wrong with LED is most ONLY push light forwards whereas the std spec pushes 50% backwards and its this that illuminates the reflector successfully meaning they actually work, which matters if the main blows so others see you...

my recco is this and it works on the BM canbus and has lasted 18 months in a car T10 W5W COB White LED REG License Number Plate Light Bulbs No Error Canbus (paste that in ebay 6 quid a pair)

Back
Top Bottom