R80g/s Master cylinder seals help

monster-mash

Reaction score
I have removed the front brake master cylinder and stripped it, there hasn't been fluid in it for a while and although crusty its not dry its damp crusty so the bore after cleaning doesn't look pitted. Anyone know can you buy just the seals alone or have you got to buy the piston inclusive reason i ask is there is still no guarantee it will work and seals alone are cheaper than complete kit where if it fails the money is better spent on a complete unit if that makes sense. its a 13mm master cylinder.

Never had much luck putting new seals in a old cylinder, never seem to last long.
My local brake guy has no problem sleeving them down to 11 mm with a SS sleeve, cheaper than a replacement and improves the braking noticeably.
If you do replace the cylinder complete 12 mm are easy to find, Guzzi dealers should be able to source 11 mm, either will give a welcome boost to the stopper.
Don't forget to order the O ring on the bottom of the reservoir, probably best to check things there as water can get between the reservoir and the M/C and corrode around the O ring seating rendering the M/C U.S. anyway.

Never had much luck putting new seals in a old cylinder, never seem to last long.
My local brake guy has no problem sleeving them down to 11 mm with a SS sleeve, cheaper than a replacement and improves the braking noticeably.
If you do replace the cylinder complete 12 mm are easy to find, Guzzi dealers should be able to source 11 mm, either will give a welcome boost to the stopper.
Don't forget to order the O ring on the bottom of the reservoir, probably best to check things there as water can get between the reservoir and the M/C and corrode around the O ring seating rendering the M/C U.S. anyway.

Yeh agreed i would ask you for his number except your the other side of the world, thanks for the info yes the O ring is on the list:)

Back
Top Bottom