Removing the racks and getting under the passenger seat, 2015 R1200GSA

Farzad the barber

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
is there any thread of removing the luggage racks and parts to get under the passenger sea plate? I am not good at remembering what parts goes where...step by step photos would be great!
Thanks

Why not create your own photographic step by guide to yourself by means of removing items in question. It is one way to learn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a thread on fitting a PDM50 on my old LC which involves removing the racks and luggage grid, it may still be around.

T40 Long socket required for the 2 rearmost rear rack mounting bolts Have a hot air gun ready as the thread lock may be applied THICK/ Heat the bolt a bit and it should shift - steady slow pressure is the key

Rear rack off first. There are 2 spacers on the rear fitting points

Then take off the rear cross brace (under the No plate)

Then the front lower mounting bolts (by the rear foot rests)

Then there are 4 upper mounting bolts with spacers.

Then the silver surround comes off.

Easy as.

When re-fitting, just put the bolts in loose until all are in, then tighten up pannier carriers (Top R-F, Lower, then the cross strut) Then the Rear Rack

If all you want into the compartment under the back part of the rear seat plate just take out the 4 torx fasteners from under the rear mudguard rear light assembly and drop it down................. takes about 2 minutes

Attachments

• rear mudgueard.jpg
    rear mudgueard.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 228
T40 Long socket required for the 2 rearmost rear rack mounting bolts Have a hot air gun ready as the thread lock may be applied THICK/ Heat the bolt a bit and it should shift - steady slow pressure is the key

Rear rack off first. There are 2 spacers on the rear fitting points

Then take off the rear cross brace (under the No plate)

Then the front lower mounting bolts (by the rear foot rests)

Then there are 4 upper mounting bolts with spacers.

Then the silver surround comes off.

Easy as.

When re-fitting, just put the bolts in loose until all are in, then tighten up pannier carriers (Top R-F, Lower, then the cross strut) Then the Rear Rack

Thanks, Phil!

If all you want into the compartment under the back part of the rear seat plate just take out the 4 torx fasteners from under the rear mudguard rear light assembly and drop it down................. takes about 2 minutes

Thanks Neil, that looks easy and I will give it a try!
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom