Avon Trailriders

timeandtide

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone run these on a paralever?
Decided to replace TKC 80’s with something more tarmac friendly - good price from M and P currently.

PS been really happy with them on a 1200.

Anyone run these on a paralever?
Decided to replace TKC 80’s with something more tarmac friendly - good price from M and P currently.

PS been really happy with them on a 1200.

I’ve got some Trekriders on my 1200 more chunky than the Trailriders which I’d been really happy with - Might be an option that’s well a bit more chunky :D

Seems BMW likes the Metzler Karoo 3’s these days. I’ve just ordered a set of Karoo Streets as I only need something for a little off-road work.

Friend of mine ran a set of Trailriders on his 1200 but the back was dead in less than 3k. Mind you, I guess that’s probably about the same as a TKC80!

Currently got them on a 2008 GSA. Feel good.

Seems BMW likes the Metzler Karoo 3’s these days. I’ve just ordered a set of Karoo Streets as I only need something for a little off-road work.

Friend of mine ran a set of Trailriders on his 1200 but the back was dead in less than 3k. Mind you, I guess that’s probably about the same as a TKC80!

Mk 1 Karoo 3's, Look the biz, average in the dry, scary in the wet.

I changed mine for Avons

I have Trail Riders on my 1990 R100GS. Nice feel to them and plenty of grip wet and dry. I did have an issue with the tyre edge rubbing slightly against the swing arm/para shaft. This was easily cured by fitting a shim to the hub off a K series bike, available used from Motorworks for a coupe of quidish.
I should point out that I dont do any serious off road use with the bike, but they are fine on hard packed dirt and gravel.

Ive had a heidenau scout K60 I think on rear and a TKC 80 on front Richard. Unless its sludge mud they seem to manage. HTHY

Back
Top Bottom