'BMW' Acrapovic exhaust for R1200GSA (2016) fit on R1250GSA ?

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening all
Does anyone know.....

...if the BMW 'branded' Acrapovic exhaust (C77.11.8.533.744) that I have on my 2016 water cooled R1200GSA fit onto the R1250GSA ?

Cheers.

Evening all
Does anyone know.....

...if the BMW 'branded' Acrapovic exhaust (C77.11.8.533.744) that I have on my 2016 water cooled R1200GSA fit onto the R1250GSA ?

Cheers.

Dealer I spoke to in Carlisle says no.

Evening all
Does anyone know.....

Cheers.

I have my Euro 3 Akro from my 2013 GS LC on my 1250 GS fits perfectly although you could have problems if you go to Switzerland or Austria if you get checked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have my Euro 3 Akro from my 2013 GS LC on my 1250 GS fits perfectly although you could have problems if you go to Switzerland or Austria if you get checked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm....not planning to visit either just at the moment. I’d rather not add £800 to my bill with a new pipe tbh. I also don’t like the look of the new pipe either,does it now feed into a single pipe in the silencer - rather than a single splitting into 2 like mine ?

Im running a Euro 3 on mine and dealer has no issues with it . Asked the dealer and only difference if the non removable baffle , so the factory with the new levels to meet euro requests state that it will not fit , but it does and does the same job.

Im running a Euro 3 on mine and dealer has no issues with it . Asked the dealer and only difference if the non removable baffle , .

That must make my boxed Euro 3 Akro worth more money, i keep putting off selling incase I return to the fold.

That must make my boxed Euro 3 Akro worth more money, i keep putting off selling incase I return to the fold.

Well at least until 2020, and if person keeps it in the UK, worth a read below, and bike goes faster with the Euro 3 chart below....:D

EU Noise Ordinance - Much ado about nothing?

Since January 1, 2016, there have been changes in the specifications of new motorcycles with regard to noise, but these do not come from the German Ministry of Transport, but from the Economic Commission for Europe, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, UNECE for short. This commission, which has been in existence since 1947, prepares proposals on economic or environmental issues in various sectors and passes them on to the member countries of UNECE. Germany has been a member of the Commission since 1973, making it one of 56 countries worldwide that transposes UNECE's proposals into national law. The new UNECE-R 41.04, which has now entered into force, is based on the 1958 agreement of the member states on the adoption of technical regulations for wheeled vehicles, equipment and parts that are installed and used in wheeled vehicles.
As a rule, UNECE guidelines are first converted into an EU regulation by the EU and then passed on to the member states for implementation. In this case, it was EU Regulation No. 168/2013 with CELEX number 32013R0168, which was announced on February 21, 2014 and entered into force on January 1, 2016. This EU regulation, in turn, is reflected in § 49 of the German StVZO.
This is by no means the first EU regulation by the UNECE with regard to the containment of engine noise from motorcycles, but already the 4th modification of the R 41, as can be seen in the addition 04.
What's new in the UNECE-R 41.04?
From 1 January 2016, new motorcycles must meet the following requirements for obtaining EU type-approval :

1. additional noise requirements in the range of 20 to 80 km / h (ASEP),
2. limit value fulfillment in all possible operating modes / flap positions,
3. Prohibition of test cycle detection by the engine control
4. Tampering measures including the prohibition of removable
Silencer inserts (so-called "dB-Eater" / "dB-Killer"),

5. Marking of noise levels on the motorcycle to check
Noise emissions in traffic

But that's not all. The UNECE-R 41.04 also includes the entry into force of the Euro 4 emission standard, which implies an additional limitation of the maximum noise level from 80 to 78 at first and from 2017 to 77 dB (A). For the future, too, emission level 5 has already been taken into account by the same EU regulation. From the year 2020 motorcyclists have to expect further measures to reduce noise.
The new test methods close previous loopholes that allowed manufacturers to avoid circumventing the noise regulations, but only to comply with the prescribed test range. Above, from 80 km / h, the power delivery of the bicycle can make noticeable. The new regulation contains the addition: Motorcycles with a power-to-weight ratio of 50 kW / t and above. must comply with this limit (78 dB). This simply means that in all driving situations the given maximum sound level has to be observed.

However, the regulation only applies to new type approvals. For existing motorcycle types the previous regulation remains valid. Therefore, anyone planning to purchase a new bike in 2016 should take a look at the year of type approval if the sound is an absolute buying criterion.

Another interesting detail can be found in Regulation UNECE 92.01, which deals with accessory exhaust systems. While the OEM standard exhaust systems naturally fall under the UNECE-R 41.04, the UNECE 92.01 for accessory exhaust systems will not come into force until 2020. Theoretically, a motorcyclist who has purchased a UNECE-R 41.04 corresponding motorcycle, could build on this one exhaust system with old E-type approval and thus upgrade the bike quite legally "sound technically" again. In particular, foreign EU approval authorities are quite relaxed about type approval for accessory exhaust systems with the limit values.

As long as the exhaust system is approved for the respective motorcycle, the German authorities can hardly do anything about it, but already in the year 2020, the maps with respect to the limits and the approval guidelines will be remixed again.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, my dealer said they have fitted a EU3 end can to a 1250 GS with no issues. My question was around the RT though and all they could say was the new bike has a different part number to the EU3 can, that I have currently. So I will try it when I get my bike and if it doesn't fit, sell the Akra :)

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, my dealer said they have fitted a EU3 end can to a 1250 GS with no issues. My question was around the RT though and all they could say was the new bike has a different part number to the EU3 can, that I have currently. So I will try it when I get my bike and if it doesn't fit, sell the Akra :)

Ok. Think that’s where I am too. I’ll see if it fits and give it a go on the 1250.

As regards the 1250RT, I asked Akrapovic if my 2014 EU3 Akra would fit the 1250RT. The UK distributor replied and said it would fit and the only difference between the can I have and the 2019 can is, the later has two baffles in it and the baffles are not removable as per EU4 regs. So looks like I am keeping my Akra :)

Back
Top Bottom