Tyre pressure units change?

As I understand it, changing the RDC readout is not available in the settings menu. Seems strange really, but you need to talk sweetly to your dealer or find someone with a GS911.

Yep, it is something the dealer has to do and they usually charge for the privilege

Apart from "bar / psi", you can also set "deg C / deg F" for external temperature and "24hr/12hr" for the clock. If you get a dealer to do it, worth setting the others as you wish at the same time........ If it's in there for a service, they should do it foc I would have thought as they have to plug their box in to reset the service interval anyway....... or as been mentioned 30 second job with a GS911....

boyles law and all that - it should be noted whilst there is a temperature / pressure compensation correction built into the RDC instrument cluster display, it remains far less volatile if you leave the display in Bar.
PSI may irritate with the display changing more frequently - you often see it tickle up by 0.2 bar on 7 digit sensors over the first 5 miles - I've seen up to 0.5 bar on the older ones

Changed mine to PSI with a GS911 and it is very accurate.
Obviously pressure increases by 1 or 2 psi as the tire temp increases but very stable and predictable.

I'd not thought of it - but a mate with an insignia goes spare as his reading is up and down like crazy and sets off warning for low pressure and the car's been back to the garage a few times, I kept saying there must be a software fix as they don't jump about so much on my bikes or my car. then my clever clogs brother pointed out he loves it on PSI whereas I'm perfectly happy with the simple BAR reading, so of course he sees far more movement.

On the my car you are supposed to have user configurable change in pressure units - I've never tried but another mate with the same model can't get it to change - the manual shows it, but the menu doesn't respond, and a mate with another K1300 can toggle the dealer menu but it doesn't produce the PSI display he wants. On my car with a set of Autel sensors for a different set of wheels, I had a choice of PSI or BAR and changed them to BAR when I configured them.

Or you could drag yourself kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and get used to the metric units.

unless your are older than 53, in the UK you should never have been taught anything to do with imperial units throughout your education.

By Feb 1971 money decimalised - which means very few under 52 year olds have any experience of spending the old stuff (you might just remember spending the odd bit of pocket money in pre decimal but it would be rare)
By 1978 most things you could buy were metric
95% of all foods was sold in metric units by 1980
Petrol went metric when old fuel pumps couldn't go to £1:00 a gallon

how will your bike go getter when u halve your wages, you'll be one of the fortunate ones to have 2p a year pension, pollution allowed at uncontrolled rates, sewage back in to the rivers, explosion of nuclear waste, unemployed at 25 million ?

and before we all get too excited about boiling and freezing point of alcohol as a mental way to divide up a thermometer, Fahrenheit was born in the city of Gdańsk, Pomeranian Voivodeship in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth... and Miles (which works well) is Italian

how will your bike go getter when u halve your wages, you'll be one of the fortunate ones to have 2p a year pension, pollution allowed at uncontrolled rates, sewage back in to the rivers, explosion of nuclear waste, unemployed at 25 million ?

and before we all get too excited about boiling and freezing point of alcohol as a mental way to divide up a thermometer, Fahrenheit was born in the city of Gdańsk, Pomeranian Voivodeship in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth... and Miles (which works well) is Italian

Some of the best gibberish we've had on here in a good while.

What about Kelvin, the Botany Bay mutiny and Armstrongs insistence he landed on the dark side of the Moon?

Back
Top Bottom