Hello and buying advice

Daggerit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all!

Firs of all, hello.

I’m planning on buying a new 1250 GS Adventure next month and since I’m from Scotland and like getting a good deal (be tight), I was wondering if any dealers do deals on bikes? I’m used to being able to get good money off cars but never really tried to do it with a bike so not even sure if it’s something dealers do at all?

My local dealer is offering a slightly reduced APR which would help, but just wondering if any dealers do deals basically.

I don’t mind where they are because I’m happy to travel (and ride it back home to break it in a bit ).

Thanks in advance everyone!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same as cars. Haggle haggle haggle. When you've got the price as low as you can, start on free extras. Favourite is to get them to throw in the first service.
Are you looking at using John Clark in Aberdeen?

Hey, does that mean you’re in Aberdeen too judging by your user name? I asked about price and was told there was no room to budge at all which is when the APR was brought down. First service was definitely one I was going to be haggling!

Hey, does that mean you’re in Aberdeen too judging by your user name? I asked about price and was told there was no room to budge at all which is when the APR was brought down. First service was definitely one I was going to be haggling!

Yup, I stay near Banchory.
Give John Clark Dundee a ring - that's where I got mine from (Aberdeen didn't do bikes at the time).
See if they can beat the price.

What APR are they offering? I know they are offering some very good deals on credit for their cars. Much better than the likes of Black Horse finance.

Good stuff! I’m just in Blackburn so a little closer to town... I’ll give them a shout and see what they say, Aberdeen did 7.9% versus 9.9% which isn’t a massive difference but still helps.

I’ll give them a shout down the road and see what price they’re able to do but not sure how much they’ll wiggle given it’s a brand new bike.

Back
Top Bottom