Error code ‘Spring Strut Adjustment Faulty’

Big Nick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone had this error code on their TFT come up?

If so is there an easy fix which avoids having to go 50 miles to the dealer?!

You been off road on it ? If so the shock oil might be warmer than the required temp, turn the ignition off for a min , let it cool turn back on .....

Someone on another forum had this and the dealer said it was dirty wheel speed sensors upsetting the stability control as it’s getting incomplete info. Why that would give that error and not upset the abs etc I don’t know but apparently cleaning the sensors fixed it.

Someone on another forum had this and the dealer said it was dirty wheel speed sensors upsetting the stability control as it’s getting incomplete info. Why that would give that error and not upset the abs etc I don’t know but apparently cleaning the sensors fixed it.

Whereabouts on the bike/rear wheel are they?

The sensor ring is bolted to the hub on the front and the sensor is on the bottom of the left fork leg. On the rear both are bolted to the final drive casing.

You been off road on it ? If so the shock oil might be warmer than the required temp, turn the ignition off for a min , let it cool turn back on .....

It happened to me while I was riding and went over a big speed bump on the road, and as I was near the dealer they were able to checked it for me. I was told if it happens again to turn the ignition off for a min , let it cool turn back on.

This just happened to me. Took it to the dealer this morning and now have a loan bike. Will report what they say.

I wish my Ohlins TTX suspension had a TFT Screen which popped up random 'visit the dealer' anxiety notifications.....

I'm starting to feel left out :(

I wish my Ohlins TTX suspension had a TFT Screen which popped up random 'visit the dealer' anxiety notifications.....

I'm starting to feel left out :(

I am actually fed up with my bike having no problems, I do not feel in anymore, I must have problems, oh I forgot I do not have TFT.............:friday

Mine displayed this message during the 40 mile long ride from the showroom to home. This was the first time it had ever left the dealership. When I picked it up it had a 2 miles on the clock.
It was cold (late October) and only used on the tarmac.

Other faults from new. Auto blipper doesn’t work on down change. Dealer damaged the paint putting the engine bars on.

The error message is the icing on the cake.

Mine displayed it a few times when starting from near freezing - dealer said it's the ECU shutting down functions not needed to start the bike and preserve current. Replaced battery and the message stopped - along with a few others that were appearing at the same time.

Turn it off , take the fuse out , put it back in and you should be fine.I leave my suspension on max so there is never any adjustment/electric motor to wear out as you also have most ground clearance and quickest steering...

Same

I had it come up twice in the first 1000 miles on my GS1250
I took it in to the dealer and they said it needed a software updated that required being connected to their computer for up to 6 hours!

Sceptical me believes they replaced something in the suspension!

I got the same when I set it to max with my wife on the back. She got off unil the adjustment was complete and I’ve never had it again since.

That’s interesting Shakey, when I’m luggage’d up, I’ll sometimes drop the bike to min height if I’m negotiating some knarly old car park etc.
When I want to lift the suspension back up to normal I get my missus to pull down on both on my shoulders while I plant my feet on the floor, this is normally enough to reduce the load on the shock to allow the little servo motor to do its job without her needing to dismount.
It’s a big ask for that small servo motor to extend the rear shocker when the bike is fully loaded.

Check battery

As stated above, this might be a sign of failing battery.

Two days after I started getting the warning, my F850GS wouldn't turn over the starter. The low voltage warning came way too late, like after I had cycled it on and off several times trying to restart it.

I actually haven't replaced the battery yet, but it's about four years old so probably due.

Went to measure battery dimensions and found loose negative battery terminal. Battery is probably fine as voltage came up and starting fine now.

Back
Top Bottom