HEX ezCan on 2011 RT1200RT

dsajones

Reaction score
Hi All. I'm about to invest in a HEX ezCan to fit to my 2011 RT1200RT. Will be using it to power on a dashcam system and some auxiliary lights initially. My question is about the location of the Canbus box that the wiring connector fits in to. I've looked on the ezCan web site and there are no videos etc. specific to my bike. There is a box located under the seat near the rack which is a Schrader unit and looking that up online it appears to be something to do with the tyre pressure sensors. I can't see anything else obvious. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Cheers
David

Hi All. I'm about to invest in a HEX ezCan to fit to my 2011 RT1200RT. Will be using it to power on a dashcam system and some auxiliary lights initially. My question is about the location of the Canbus box that the wiring connector fits in to. I've looked on the ezCan web site and there are no videos etc. specific to my bike. There is a box located under the seat near the rack which is a Schrader unit and looking that up online it appears to be something to do with the tyre pressure sensors. I can't see anything else obvious. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Cheers
David

Any use?:
https://hexezcan.com/installation/bmw-r1200/

Unfortunately not. The videos are all to do with the oil cooled models. Mine's an air cooled.

If your RT is 2011 then it is an oil cooled Twin-cam hexhead so those are the correct installation instructions.

Unfortunately not. The videos are all to do with the oil cooled models. Mine's an air cooled.

The Air cooled models stopped production back in the '90's
No, Your bike IS oilcooled and it is a K26, so that second video covers your model.

Thanks everyone. Yes, my mistake. Was having a discussion with some friends last night about water cooled models and talking about my older boxer that I had which was air cooled and got it fixed in my mind that it was still air cooled!! Sorry folks and thanks for all your help :)

Back
Top Bottom