Do you think the wife will notice!!!

STMGSA

Reaction score
Well just ordered the new GSA 1250 Exclusive

Dealer has taken both my current GSA and GS I have to say I was pretty impressed with prices offered for my bikes too.

Also got a wee deal on HP exhaust and first service free.

Wee bit excited now.

I said I wasn't going to test ride the 1250 but obviously no will power lol

Is she colour blind....? Parks of Hamilton or Motorrad Central?

Who was it that thought his Wife, because she had no interest in Bikes, couldn't tell them apart? :confused:
Always bought red Bikes on a 'one in one out' when she wasn't around basis.
So the garage contents always remained the same and thus - she wouldn't notice a new one. ;)

Turned out she was not as stupid as he was and noticed every time :green gri and just didn't comment. :augie :D

The key to the wife not noticing is to replace similar motorcycles with ones of the same colour. When it comes motorcycles, actually any vehicle, women tend to focus mostly on colour.

Even easier when the wife helps choose the colour of the bike, as she normally has better judgement................:hippy

Even easier when the wife helps choose the colour of the bike, as she normally has better judgement................:hippy

Of course she has, but then she would know you were buying a new motorcycle. So let her pick out some common colour when buying a GS then replace them every few years with the same colour. So she picks white for the R100GS, which you trade to white R1100GS, R1150GS, white R1200, and now white R1250GS. Yes the bikes look much different to YOU but to her, as long as they're white, they could all be the same.

Of course she has, but then she would know you were buying a new motorcycle. So let her pick out some common colour when buying a GS then replace them every few years with the same colour. So she picks white for the R100GS, which you trade to white R1100GS, R1150GS, white R1200, and now white R1250GS. Yes the bikes look much different to YOU but to her, as long as they're white, they could all be the same.

Only applies if you have a wife that gives you grief.................:D

Dealer has taken both my current GSA and GS I have to say I was pretty impressed with prices offered for my bikes too.

Wee bit excited now.

I bought a bike without telling the wife...
Only problem she had was that I didn’t tell her.

I bought a bike without telling the wife...
Only problem she had was that I didn’t tell her.

If a wife only asks that you *tell* her when you’re going to buy a new motorcycle by all means tell her.
But never *ask* them because if they say no, and you buy anyway, you’re double screwed!

Sounds like you all married the wrong women, my wife talked me into buying my first r1150gs and then encouraged me to buy the new 2011 gsa, new 2014 gsa and my new 2017 gsa plus she would never let me sell my katana .

it is said that the ideal or optimum number of bikes to own is n+1, where n= the number of bike you currently have, whereas the wifes ideal is n-1.

Wee bit excited now.

Is it any of her business?

I bought my latest addition to the fleet last summer, a 300GTS bought off here sight unseen as it was in Devon . I didn’t tell the ‘wife’ and the courier was due to deliver it around 6.30 pm on a Friday when we normally go out for dinner .

So I took the family to a pub close to the Motorway to make it easy for the courier and as luck would have it he arrived right between ordering the meal and it arriving . After dinner I went outside and surprised her and our young daughter. She thought it was funny and the only thing she was upset about was only being able to have one glass of red as she now had to drive the car home :D

This was taken when we got it home that night . The Vespa is for me , she can’t ride but used to go pillion everywhere.

Attachments

• E386E79C-A6C3-4E9A-8F8C-D891471B9E6B.jpg
    E386E79C-A6C3-4E9A-8F8C-D891471B9E6B.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 678
lol some of the replies have been funny.

To be honest I told the wife the day I bought the bike, she's not interested in bikes at all and terrified of the thought of going on the back of a bike. I did boats and bikes when I met my wife and told her I wouldn't give up either so she just accepts that there are times when I just have to disappear with the lads. lol

Back
Top Bottom