puncture repair

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just tried to plug a hole with the BMW repair kit, I followed all the instructions, I only need it plugged to get it to the shop to fix. Anyway went through the whole kit all 3 of the rubber insert things and couldn't get one in.

Gonna get myself a Stop n Go kit I think as the BMW one seems like a load of ****

Got it sealed in the end with a self tapper and some glue....

Live and learn....

Yes, I carry the stop and go kit with the gun for inserting plugs to tubeless tyres.
Last puncture was on an airhead in the Ardennes mid 80’s.

Touch wood .

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Yep Stop n go a few caterpillars a few self tappers, and new glue every year as it dries up, and you are ready tp do Paris dakar................:D and the 1lb of butter

Your always better off practicing on an old tyre before trying to repair in the rain in the dark on a hard shoulder. JJH

I carry both the stop and go kit and the Rema Tip top.

Mainly because I have had cuts due to flints where the Stop and go would not work.

But the trick with Rema Tip Top is to use all of the glue in the tube. The glue acts as a lubricant. So lube/glue up the hole first then lube/glue up the plug. Lots and lots of glue, It’s the only way.

I have used Crafty Plugger (sticky strings) for a few years. Tried BMW & Stop & Go in the past, much prefer crafty's. No messing with glue etc. http://craftyplugger.com

Few weeks ago, another rider caught a lump of gravel, caused a large hole in tyre. Took 3 repair strings, but stayed inflated. She told me the pressure held for a week or so, before she replaced the tyre.
I had a repair string in a car tyre for 7,000 miles a few years back, pressure held until tyre replaced.

Agree, practice on an old tyre before using any repair kit for real

+1 for Dynaplug. BMW repair kit (and similar with Co2 cartridges) is next to useless. Ensure you have a tyre inflator of some kind on board also...

Back
Top Bottom