Help needed to rebuild a PHPBB forum (Legacy of Boxerman)

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I offered my help to try and get https://www.bmbikes.org.uk back up and running

Phil Hawksley (The Boxerman) passed away rather suddenly and hadn't taught anyone how he set up the forum

I have a had a hunt around and have managed to get something more than the blank error page

Its now time to ask for help, as there is a gold mine of info there that will be lost but there is very little money in the kitty to pay for what is usually expensive pro help :(

Its a legacy I would like to help restore but have no real experience of PHPBB and SQL as the other forums I worked with went the other way with V Bulletin

First attachment is

The page when to try to go to the index page of the site

the second By the simple addition of an "i" to to sql in the config.php file

So I have decided to ask if anyone can help out please?

Attachments

• Hawksley Site Log in page SQL Error .jpg
    Hawksley Site Log in page SQL Error .jpg
    60 KB · Views: 295
  • Hawksley Site Log in page .jpg
    Hawksley Site Log in page .jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 303
you are just missing a few modules and you some configs wrong,. The sites a bit open to abuse too, PM me and i'll help you out.

To close this one for the present Si correctly diagnosed a conflict between two aspects of the forum software

Its fixed for the present and it was actually a matter of taking a step back and not going for the absolute latest software

Thank you

Fair play to you Jay for taking this on. :bow:clap
That site and that mans wisdom has saved many a rider from going insane or broke trying to sort a problem.
I appreciated it when i was getting into Boxers many years ago.

I'm feck all use at this - i hope you get all the help you need.

~~~
Marc

I offered my help to try and get https://www.bmbikes.org.uk back up and running

Phil Hawksley (The Boxerman) passed away rather suddenly and hadn't taught anyone how he set up the forum

I have a had a hunt around and have managed to get something more than the blank error page

Its now time to ask for help, as there is a gold mine of info there that will be lost but there is very little money in the kitty to pay for what is usually expensive pro help :(

Its a legacy I would like to help restore but have no real experience of PHPBB and SQL as the other forums I worked with went the other way with V Bulletin

First attachment is

The page when to try to go to the index page of the site

the second By the simple addition of an "i" to to sql in the config.php file

So I have decided to ask if anyone can help out please?
its offline again! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom