BMW Service Costs

Can you be sure though

I mean really sure

Can u ever be sure that all of the billed work was done. Short of checking your own valves or marking items etc. I once caught a dealer charging for plugs that were never fitted. I knew because they billed me for stock plugs and I had iridium ones fitted which were still there when I checked

Just had my '18 GSA Rallye serviced there at Coopers, it's first 6k service - £260. I don't like paying someone else to do work I can do myself, but never sure of the warranty etc.

I have tried to contact the M&P service department on a number of occasions but could not get through. I left a message on there phone about my end of warranty check but they did not return my calls so doubtful of any decent BMW service from them.......

I have tried to contact the M&P service department on a number of occasions but could not get through. I left a message on there phone about my end of warranty check but they did not return my calls so doubtful of any decent BMW service from them.......

I stuck my head in there today. Although they have all the signage up and opening times on the door, the place is still a building site inside.

I stuck my head in there today. Although they have all the signage up and opening times on the door, the place is still a building site inside.

They were supposed to be up and running in November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in M&P 3 weeks ago. They said they were planning to open the new Motorrad premises, across the road, in March. Supposed to have a grand opening in April. Not the best at replying to emails but the staff were helpful when I called.

£60 for an air filter to be replaced..

They are available for around £10 delivered to your door. Less than 15 mins for a numpty to fit.

Appreciate overheads and and all that...

I do all my own now, it’s the 24,000 next. I’v fitted Ohlin shocks front and rear, drive shaft spline lube. I bought a Jim Von Baden CD/Pendrive service how to do things, all very straight forward, also a GS-911WIFI to reset fault codes and service reminders. I find working on the bike very satisfying, and you know it’s been done. It will only see a dealer if it needs anything major.

Just had my '18 GSA serviced this week, apparently its now a "yearly" service regardless of mileage as the big orange triangle on the dash and message keep telling me! One year old, 4,500miles £235! Engine oil & filter, brake fluids also replaced now on this first service ??? seems excessive??

Just had my '18 GSA serviced this week, apparently its now a "yearly" service regardless of mileage as the big orange triangle on the dash and message keep telling me! One year old, 4,500miles £235! Engine oil & filter, brake fluids also replaced now on this first service ??? seems excessive??

Seems about right, mine is coming up and have quotes ranging from £225 to £270. I’m going for the £225!

Obviously they never checked the air filter and that it was indeed a K&N air filter, just billed you for a BMW one

If they had looked in the filter housing then they would have seen your aftermarket air filter

What else did they fail to see or check/replace for your £363

Did they change the oil filter or just change the oil ??

I think that sort of thing goes on a lot more than people realise. Several years ago a pal of mine who was an assessment motor engineer used to do work for various local trading standards departments. He would set up a car with various faults and service items due for replacement secretly marked. The vehicle would be assessed after the service or remedial work was supposedly completed. It's amazing how much was charged for that hadn't been done. I can't see why bike workshops would be any different.

I think that sort of thing goes on a lot more than people realise. Several years ago a pal of mine who was an assessment motor engineer used to do work for various local trading standards departments. He would set up a car with various faults and service items due for replacement secretly marked. The vehicle would be assessed after the service or remedial work was supposedly completed. It's amazing how much was charged for that hadn't been done. I can't see why bike workshops would be any different.

Yeah and people in offices do much the same but with a desk in front of them, anyone got a small nuclear device I could use on a Norwich based insurer ?

Back
Top Bottom