6 years off the road and it's ready to restart!

Michael R1150GS Adventure

Reaction score
After a massive housebuild lay-off, my much loved GSA 1150 is getting back on the road. After owning Bertha for 13 years now this should be interesting!

I'm taking bets on what is going to have deteriorated & failed over the past 5 years of ZERO use :augie

New battery lands tomorrow, oil service and plug check etc then Im hitting the button!

I would just fit a good battery and hit the button.

If you ask me, Changing the oil is pointless, all the sludge would have settled. You need to warm it up before you drain the oil and change it. Would be worth removing the plugs and cleaning them, but other than that just hit that button.

If she doesn’t fire up then drain and replace the fuel and try again.

Change the fuel out for fresh the light particulates will have evaporated and it may burp and fart if it fires at all.

I would just fit a good battery and hit the button.

If you ask me, Changing the oil is pointless, all the sludge would have settled. You need to warm it up before you drain the oil and change it. Would be worth removing the plugs and cleaning them, but other than that just hit that button.

If she doesn’t fire up then drain and replace the fuel and try again.

That...^^^^^....:thumb.....(I've done this stuff to death)

People around here worry too much....;)

6 YEARS OFF

ANARCHY THIS IS WHAT WE WANT, LEAVE IT, DUST IT, START IT UP, GO ON MY MAN:thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby:

So then - its just gonna be started and see what comes out of its back end :)
I reckon it'll fire first time.

Good chance I'll be taking it up to the Kielder 500 in March, so best get it run up a little first!

Anyone on here going to that event?

Spin it over with the plugs out to get the oil around the engine before you fire it up.

I'd turn it over a few times with the plugs removed to circulate the oil. I might even squirt a little oil in the bores beforehand and let it sit overnight
I would definitely change the engine oil first. It's not a big expense.

Hard to believe, but this might just be the most exciting thing happening in my life right now... :D:D:D

Come on, wheres the update!!??

My bet is that it starts, clears its throat, and settles down like it's never been away.

Ha ha well the battery has just arrived, so I think my lunch break today will be spent taking the tank back off and fitting the battery... I'll grab a video or something and see what happens!

Well.... its done.
Battery was in good condition delivered, ready to go

can i insert photos if i havent subscribed?

Got some video too :)

Come on, stopping messing around we're all waiting :bounce1:D

20190219_124705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom