6 years off the road and it's ready to restart!

Just can't get over the fact that it sounds like it was last used yesterday! There's a lot to be said for fairly simple engineering. Great stuff.

Last week i started an 1150RT that had stood since 2013.

Changed oils, fitted a new battery, started straightaway and running perfectly, even with the original fuel in the tank. . .

Bloody hell, ten years in, over 1600 posts and doesn’t subscribe, bloody Yorkshire Men. :tarka

i thought everyone would subscribe, jesus christ its worth it just for the steptoe threads alone, he has saved me a few quid and i am just one person.

So I recently bought a 0'04 GSA that at one point in it's life has sat for 7/8 years with no use

The subsequent owner had put about 1000+ miles on it, so it runs fine, but when I took the tank off to have it sprayed, the painter sanded it down to find holes in the bottom of the tank where it was rusted through - I guess some moisture got in while it was sat unused. He reckoned it was virtually only the paint holding the fuel in! :)

i thought everyone would subscribe, jesus christ its worth it just for the steptoe threads alone, he has saved me a few quid and i am just one person.

I havent been regular on UKGSER for years. Just back on scene after a big lay off.

And don't call me Jesus. My name is Michael.

Back
Top Bottom