Regatta Great Outdoors.

Thread: Robens voyager 2 (and EX)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Robens voyager 2 (and EX)

God i've been through this too many times. I used to have a Phad 2 which was a great little tent, then went for a Tentipi which was also great but a little too heavy for the bike. So i'm now looking for something light but big enough for me and all my gear, I've been looking at the Robens range as i have one of their family tents which is great. The one i think suits my needs is the Voyager 2 or the Voyager 2 EX (i like to have some space).

Anyone got one of these and whats your thoughts on them?

https://www.robens.de/en-gb/shop/out...2-person-tents

Or possibly the Lodge 3?

https://www.robens.de/en-gb/shop/out...-tents/lodge-3
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

If you don't mind the lack of headroom then a tunnel tent makes sense. The Robens will be vg quality but a Vango Omega 250 is not far behind and a good deal cheaper.

https://www.outdooraction.co.uk/tent...t=All%20Brands
    Start every day with a smile ... Get it over with!

Quote Originally Posted by SE Rider View Post
    God i've been through this too many times. I used to have a Phad 2 which was a great little tent, then went for a Tentipi which was also great but a little too heavy for the bike. So i'm now looking for something light but big enough for me and all my gear, I've been looking at the Robens range as i have one of their family tents which is great. The one i think suits my needs is the Voyager 2 or the Voyager 2 EX (i like to have some space).

Anyone got one of these and whats your thoughts on them?

https://www.robens.de/en-gb/shop/out...2-person-tents

Or possibly the Lodge 3?

https://www.robens.de/en-gb/shop/out...-tents/lodge-3
    Hiya,

I have a Wild Country Terra Nova Hoolie 3. It’s a three man tunnel tent, loads of space for just me and my kit.

Packed size is pretty small and it is of excellent quality.

They also make one with a larger porch called the Hoolie 3 ETC which looks similar to the Robens EX.

Footprints are available for both. They also do a slightly smaller two man version, called the Hoolie 2/ETC.

Easy to put up, and goes up all in one rather than faffing with trying to get a fly sheet in last in the rain ...

Only downside is that the pegs are a bit weedy if used in hard ground. That said, they’re easily and cheaply replaceable according to personal preference.

Plenty of height to sit up in.

I got mine for £105 in Cotswold Outdoor. I think it’s now a discontinued model so there are bargains to be had - shop around. It’s quite expensive on the Wild Country site.

Would I buy it again ? Yes, absolutely. Would go for the ETC version though.

https://youtu.be/BUn-5fabk5M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After buying a Vaude tent off a GS´er on here, I can recommend them. Similar designs and maybe a bit pricey but they're great quality tents. It might be handy to know is the tent for just one person, and will it predominantly be used in the UK´s cool wet weather or somewhere more exotic, where having 2 doors for airflow is a much better option?

https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products...=sort_position

Quote Originally Posted by John RTW View Post
    After buying a Vaude tent off a GS´er on here, I can recommend them. Similar designs and maybe a bit pricey but they're great quality tents. It might be handy to know is the tent for just one person, and will it predominantly be used in the UK´s cool wet weather or somewhere more exotic, where having 2 doors for airflow is a much better option?

https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products...=sort_position
    Thanks Jon,

The tent will only be used for me, i have other tents for when i'm with the missus. I like a lot of space hence why i'm seriously considering the Robens Lodge 2/3. Pack size doesn't really bother me as it'll be strapped on the passenger seat or rear rack. I don't want anything too heavy which is why i got rid of the Tentipi - too heavy and bulky for bike travel for me. I'll predominantly be using it in Europe for bike trips and occasionally in the Uk..
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

just bought the Robens Green Cone, not used it yet - fast to put up - one pole - 1650mm inner height. There are a couple of vids on youtube.

Flysheet: HydroTex HD RS, 75D polyester 189T, Ripstop, Fire retardent, 100% polyester
    Hydrostatic Head: 5000mm
    Sleeps: 4
    Poles: Alloy #7001, T6, 22 mm, telescopic
    Inner Tent: 68D polyester 190T, 100% polyester, breathable
    Floor: 75D polyester Taffeta 210T, 100% polyester, 10,000 mm
    Pack Size: 68 x 24 cm
    Weight: 5.4 kg (without inner 3.2 kg)
    Need Help in Hertfordshire? - See www.tekmotive.co.uk or call on 01707 265000.

Currently riding a '03 R1150RT and a heavily modified Suzuki TL1000S commonly known as an UNO! ....... plus one or two TLS's in bits in the garage

Have a Robens Voyager 3EX. Bags of space inside (we decided a 3 man would be better for us, esp as we would be using it in Africa where it can be pretty warm at night) and easy to put up. Space in the bell very useful, useful hanging line inside and pockets for yer glasses etc inside. Decent ventilation. 2 man packs up a little smaller perhaps, but I think we made the right chice, especially going for the extended bell. Not red ant proof though, but that's another story.

Decided to go with the Lodge 2 in the end, ordered it from Bikester.com at a reduced price of £175 and it should be here middle of next week.. It looks like a quality bit of kit and is perfectly sized for single camping.. I'll post a pic or 2 once it arrives..

https://www.bikester.co.uk/robens-lo...ve-913362.html

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

So, the Lodge 2 was delivered today and i have to say i'm pretty impressed with it. Great, if not the perfect size for 1 person and all their gear. Billed as a 2 person and would probably suffice for one or two nights but would be a struggle for any longer than that. Some very nice details on it, gear loft, pockets in each corner that cleverly store a door if it's folded back, a gear line hanging across the roof to hang small stuff from, both upper and lower vents for good air circulation and it looks and feels like a quality piece of kit. I mentioned in an earlier thread that i picked it up from Bikester for £170 but i also got a £20 refund from them as they were slow to ship it! so all in all it cost me £150 which is great value for this...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

Few more pics

Attached Images Attached Images     

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S