05 1150 BRAKE FAILURE

R11502011

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
SERVO STOPPED WORKING TODAY FIRST IT WAS INTERMITENTLY WITH LIGHTS FLASHIMG ON THE DISPLAY THEN IT STOPPED WORKING ALTOGETHER WITH JUST RESIDUAL BRAKING .IS THERE ANYTHING OBVIOUS TO CHECK BEFORE I JUMP THE GUN AND REMOVE THE SERVO .IVE REMOVED IT ON BIKES BEFORE ,BUT I KINDA WANTED TO KEEP THIS ONE ORIGINAL BUT IF NEEDS MUST.

I just took my servo off as I was doing a bit of work on the gearbox, there was nothing wrong it I just didn't want it going tits up aboard somewhere, you are welcome to have it if you want.

Ps I'll box it you pay shipping if you want it.

Just a word of advice. Used ABS/servo units don’t like sitting on a shelf doing nothing and usually fail within a couple of months of fitting, it’s the reason why I don’t supply them to fit to customers bikes. They can supply their own sourced guaranteed for 6 months part from a breaker but with the warning that the labour required to remove and fit the user supplied unit has to be paid for :D

hmm i wonder after a 5 + year lay up whether my Servo unit will be troublesome finally?
BMW replaced it back in 2006 and its never burped since.
Am i feeling lucky?! :D

It was replaced in May 2007 by BMW when the servo failed while it was in for a service with JD's. So it lasted 12 years.

It lasted well .its the way it fails and leaves you with no brakes is what I find scary Im not sure im comfortable with having a servo now at all

Back
Top Bottom