New book title - 'Should I Go Touring?'

ducatiparts.110mb

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been working on a new book recently that has just gone on sale. The title is 'Should I Go Touring? A manual for anyone new to motorcycle touring'.
I guess that's pretty self explanatory - the idea is to offer some help and guidance to anyone either thinking about their first tour, or going abroad for the first time. The text is informal and easy going and rather than telling you how to have your holiday, it helps you to make the decisions to have your own adventure the way you want it to be. I've tried to put 10 years of experience down on paper so that anyone new to touring holidays can know what to expect and hopefully benefit from a few of the lessons I've learnt along the way.

Available here....

https://www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk/product-page/should-i-go-touring-book

Thanks for looking, all the best, Mark

Looks great Mark, just bought one, the missus and I have only done one European tour on our 1250 gs's, i'm sure there will be some valuable info in here...

To be honest at £9 there's not a lot of margin left for a discount. Maybe after I've recouped my startup costs i'll reconsider.

If you've been abroad already on your 1250, sils, you haven't been waiting round...

Hmmm, distilling and sharing acquired knowledge and experience sounds a good idea; there are, of course, lots of guides and handbooks already but you may offer some new insights or simply explain things differently. Not sure about the title, though: to me the answer is why wouldn't you! I've been doing solo tours for 15 years and found it totally addictive from the first. Good luck!

I found lots of books of 'pictures of pretty places I've been', and 'the events in my life that made me want to travel round the world', and a couple 'how to go overland travelling in underdeveloped countries', but only one or two about how to actually start out on European touring. I agree with your sentiment - why wouldn't you want to go, but I know a lot of people who ask me about my trips and then say they'd love to go but put hurdles in their own way. Basically its a fear of the unknown. In the book I try to encourage people to think through the possible pitfalls and plan for all likely eventualities to break down the reasons not to go.

Best of luck with sales of the book, I've always thought that some trip reports, especially some on here should be published.....they're priceless!:thumb2

Bought the book, very well written and very easy reading, I've only done 4 tours and this book is going to be invaluable to me....

Ordered, very intrigued to see how many insights i can take away from it. Being a younger 'TOSSER' and only having two tours under my belt (and they were organised by others) i'm imagining it's going to be quite the learning curve!

Back
Top Bottom