Ever wanted to be in a short film on your GS?

Weimar-482

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m putting together a short promotional video about adventure motorcycle travel and need a few fellow GS-ers to join me for an expenses-paid weekend probably April and probably in N Wales. Food (bacon butties and similar) and ‘refreshments’ :)beerjug::beerjug:) also provided.

‘Qualifications’ to apply - GS owner with Touratech (BMW Aluminium) Panniers fitted; happy to be in front of a camera while riding with a director giving you ... well, directions; sense of humour; and able to camp on location - it is about adventure travel after all!

Ideally you’ll be part of a small group, or come as an individual - we need 6 riders in total - 3 guys and 3 girls ... NO, this is NOT a reality dating show or anything like it!

If you are interested, please let me know here; same with any questions, which I’ll do my best to answer quickly.

First come, first on the Team!

Thanks for your interest

Think the chances of getting '3 Guy's and 3 Girls' from this place are slim. You might get 3 old blokes and their biddies if your lucky.:D:D

Throw your net wide and see what comes up! And besides, nothing wrong with old blokes or biddies for that matter! 🤣

Top Tip. Go to the Dent event. You'll find your candidates there.

Can I go on my RT? I work every second weekend so I’m off every second Friday Saturday Sunday. I don’t mind getting it dirty. It’s dirty now. JJH

Would be up for this but don't have the required panniers :banghead:

Which kind of GS ?

80/100 Airhead
650 Single
650/750/800 Twin
1100/1150 Oilhead
1200 Hexhead
1200 WC

They are many and varied

Very good point, well made! I meant the 1200-GS. But, anyone who’s got a bike they’d be happy to take on an ‘adventurous’ journey will suit the purpose of the video.

I’ve had quite a few offers from people without the Touratech panniers and, again, I can see that my original request was too specific. Any panniers will do, so long as at least a couple have the Touratechs.

I think I’ll update the original request ...

Thanks again for the ‘nudge’ about GS.

Let me know if you’re still interested and I’ll add your name to the (growing) shortlist?

Thanks again

Actually, I’m going to update the original request to clarify that any panniers will work. So, can I add you to the shortlist??

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST: if you have a GS style bike with any panniers fitted and are interested, please let me know.

IDEALLY, for reasons that will become clear later, you’ll have a 850 - 1200/50 (all variants btwn) GS with Touratech panniers.

I hope that is clearer?

Thanks

Hi JohnnyBoxer,

Just to clarify, this weekend is not a BMW marketing thing at all.

I’m a long-term GS owner and experienced ‘adventure’ traveller, putting together a video about adventure motorcycling and I need a few other likeminded people to join in to make the video storyline work.

My request for GS riders on this site is entirely due to the assumption (always dangerous - I know!) about what members all ride in the Club. My interest in having both sexes in the video is based on the fact I’ve met some awesome lady riders while travelling over the years and I’d like to promote the idea to other ladies too - I have 2 daughters, both converts to the ‘cause’.

Part of the weekend activities for me and anyone who is interested, will include the review of an Adventure Motorcycle Packing system, I have done such testing before for other products. Please note the packing system is not available for sale, it is at an early ‘prototype’ stage (built around the Touratech panniers for now) and is asking for feedback, which is where the funds to offer cover for basic (fuel) costs and provide refreshments comes from and I’m happy to share that with anyone else who is able to attend.

I’m hoping that all who can attend have a fun weekend and enjoy the video when produced. A copy will be made available to all participants and it is NOT being sold as a product in its own right.

Hope that clarifies some of the background of the offer to other Club members? Happy to take other any other questions?

Thanks

Rules me out then - I'm Mr. No-Panniers! If I'm away, I use a Kriega tail bag. I'm not even close to being a seasoned adventurer like others on here, but similarly I don't use my bike to ride to Starbucks for a latte either! :p

Ha! Thanks for letting me know.

I must admit I have been known to sup a brew at one coffee shop or other with a fully loaded bike in the car park. In my defence, your honour, it's only ever been en route to the port of departure - honest!

Safe riding

Back
Top Bottom