How do I change it?

Phill Elston

Rum Bosun
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I rode my TFT equipped bike away from the showroom it had, in the very top line of the TFT display, the "range" mileage.

Since then, it seems that it has a mind of its own as to what it will display there. Currently, it's displaying "Trip 1".

I want it to display range - as a figure (it showed me it in "bars" format last week - for a day or so)

Before any wise guy says "RTFM" - I have. I couldn't find the answer and that's why I'm asking the question!

Second question - Nav VI - Is there any way of having it set so that it gives you traffic alerts, but without the VERY annoying "BONG!" very few seconds - ie. just a visual alert at the top of the NAV screen?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4069.jpg
    IMG_4069.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 694
RTFM again. ;) Page 102 (in pdf, chapter 5) > Rider info status line in 'Pure Ride View'.

lv13gIQ.jpg

Second question - Nav VI - Is there any way of having it set so that it gives you traffic alerts, but without the VERY annoying "BONG!" very few seconds - ie. just a visual alert at the top of the NAV screen?

It may be relevant: On the NAV V you may hit the Volume button on the startpage. Then, on the page that comes up, in addition to the slider that sets the master volume you will find several symbols on the left side.
Top symbol is a spanner. Hit it, and you will come to a new page where you may adjust/activate/deactivate different type of messages. I think you will find what you look for on that page.

You press the top of the menu button quickly which toggles you through the options!!

If you have range in “Bars” it will also show “Range” in miles on the Nav ....

I found the bongs annoying too! So I share with you the solutions that I have tried (none of which are perfect).

I see from your TFT that you have a headset attached. For reference I use a Cardo Packtalk along with an iPhone XR. My first solution was to no longer allow the Garmin SmartLink App access to my mobile data (Settings/Mobile Data/Smart Link) on my iPhone. This stopped the incessant bongs, but meant that no traffic alerts came through to the Nav VI.

My second solution seems better: originally the Cardo was connected to the TFT on Channel 1 and the Nav VI to Channel 2 (as a GPS) and my iPhone was paired to the TFT. The phone could be operated through both the Nav and TFT, but the annoying bongs constantly came through the headset and the Cardo App could not be used with the headset since there was no direct connection between the two. I therefore paired the TFT to Channel 1 and the iPhone on Channel 2, with no link to the Nav VI. The bong no longer interrupts, the Cardo App now works and all the TFT/iPhone interface functions are working. The only downside is that the phone is now greyed out on the Nav VI, but since it all shows through the TFT I don’t think that this is a problem.

I don’t know whether Nav VI voice prompts are forwarded to the headset via the TFT as I never use them, but I know that some may find this a deal-breaker if they don’t.

I hope that this helps and would be interested if anyone out there has found a more ideal solution.

When I rode my TFT equipped bike away from the showroom it had, in the very top line of the TFT display, the "range" mileage.

Since then, it seems that it has a mind of its own as to what it will display there. Currently, it's displaying "Trip 1".

I want it to display range - as a figure (it showed me it in "bars" format last week - for a day or so)

Before any wise guy says "RTFM" - I have. I couldn't find the answer and that's why I'm asking the question!

Thanks in advance

In your picture you are TFT mode, ... when in this mode press the rocker switch up and it cycles through various pieces of info delivered in different ways .

I had the same incessant bong issue with my Nav V (due to a rash of cameras in my locality rather than Nav V over reacting). I managed to get the auditable alerts for that alone to stop from the Nav V menu, but still get the screen display warnings. Can't remember exactly what I did cos it's so long ago, but mess about with the settings - it's in there somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom