Touratech Aventuro Carbon helmet

ghost-rider

Reaction score
Just after some feedback lads if atall poss., after a new lid, and I came across the Nexx xwed2, which I was quite struck on to be honest, but the more I started looking and seeing reviews, ive been swayed more to the touratech aventuro carbon, which is basically the same helmet but touratechs version, which in my oppinion although missing a few features over the x-wed, it seems to make up with other features, so anyone on here using the aventuro or have experience with one atall??, many thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've been using mine for several years now. Excellent helmet, comfortable, used in hot, cold and wet weather.
I've no interest or need to change. Like you I had set my sights on other ( more expensive ) helmets but were put off with reviews.

Hope this helps :thumb2

I've been using mine for several years now. Excellent helmet, comfortable, used in hot, cold and wet weather.
I've no interest or need to change. Like you I had set my sights on other ( more expensive ) helmets but were put off with reviews.

Hope this helps :thumb2
Cheers for your reply mate, iv had arai tour-x's and shoei hornets before, i prefered the shoei over the arai to be fare, but the last hornet i had(the current model), i just couldnt get on with, it was a local clothing shop that put me onto nexx helmets and at first i dismissed them, but after reading the reviews and trying a couple on, i couldnt help but think that its a lot of helmet for less money than the competition, what swayed me more to the touratech version is that(apart from the fact they look good), the bits that the xwed2 seemed to get bad reviews on, the aventuro doesnt have, chin vent for instance seems much better on the aventuro than it does on the xwed2, how do you find the peak mate??, i notice the extension for the peak on the xwed is removable and has what look like little blanking caps in the peak when the extensions not being used, is this the same on the aventuro??, as i think it says on tt website that the extension comes pre-installed out of the box, but doesnt say whether its removable or not??

Most helmets are decent, and people tend to go for the looks or design of them. More important is the fit. Try before you buy is my advice. A shoei shaped head might not fit an Arai properly. Good luck with your research

Like my one.
As with a lot of things with the label on them - it’s more expensive.
The pinlock is more than the visor.
Yet the Nexx one is half the cost, etc.
Fit wise is spot on.
Visor is a faff to change.
Ventilation isn’t as good as you’d think on the GS. Probably why they have a new version out for “hotter climes”.
Loads of clever touches like cable routing, etc.
Speaker location needs to be a fair bit further forward though - lose a lot of sound volume due to that.
Try one.

Like my one.
As with a lot of things with the label on them - it’s more expensive.
The pinlock is more than the visor.
Yet the Nexx one is half the cost, etc.
Fit wise is spot on.
Visor is a faff to change.
Ventilation isn’t as good as you’d think on the GS. Probably why they have a new version out for “hotter climes”.
Loads of clever touches like cable routing, etc.
Speaker location needs to be a fair bit further forward though - lose a lot of sound volume due to that.
Try one.
Which helmet you talkin about mate??

The peak is removable and the extension slides out of the peak, so you pull it out if required, easy enough on the go.

The peak is removable and so is the visor, I had the touratech goggles which were supplied with the helmet. It was easy to remove the visor, when fitting the pin lock, although I've never tried the lid with the goggles.

Oh and the peak has never been an issue, even at speed ( unless of course, you look up ) mine is 3 years old, so I think the newer version is improved. I've still no need to replace or upgrade. When I think that my first lid ( 38 years ago ) , was a " Bell Moto 3 " ( which I've still got - the peak ) the technology now is, amazing.

Hope this helps :thumb

The peak is removable and the extension slides out of the peak, so you pull it out if required, easy enough on the go.

The peak is removable and so is the visor, I had the touratech goggles which were supplied with the helmet. It was easy to remove the visor, when fitting the pin lock, although I've never tried the lid with the goggles.

Oh and the peak has never been an issue, even at speed ( unless of course, you look up ) mine is 3 years old, so I think the newer version is improved. I've still no need to replace or upgrade. When I think that my first lid ( 38 years ago ) , was a " Bell Moto 3 " ( which I've still got - the peak ) the technology now is, amazing.

Hope this helps :thumb
Yes mate, helps alot, cheers for the info

The Touratech- thought it was obvious mentioning the Nexx bits being cheaper, etc
There the same helmet mate in a fashion, the touratech aventuro is made by nexx, and based on the nexx xd1/xwed2, touratech just spec it how they want it

There the same helmet mate in a fashion, the touratech aventuro is made by nexx, and based on the nexx xd1/xwed2, touratech just spec it how they want it

I know that - had a “discussion “ with Touratech once about how they can justify the price of their pinlock when the Nexx one is a fraction of the cost.
FFS - their pinlock is MORE than a new visor from them which is just ludicrous.

Back
Top Bottom