Pair of Metzeler Roadtec 01 tyres for sale.

ballistic

I ain't got no stinkin' visa!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought last year to replace existing tyres, but I'm selling the RT, so not needed.
Still in original wrapping.
Front: 120/70-17
Rear: 180/55-17

£200 collected (LE67), £205 posted UK mainland.

Attachments

• P1010083.jpg
    P1010083.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 522
These are brilliant on the RT, much better than the PR4's that mine replaced.

GLWS.

Quite so.. My first outing on my '15 RT was 2-up touring in northern Spain. I'd purchased the RT, fitted with Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres, from a fellow Tosser, and I thought that there was enough tread left to easily do another couple of thousand miles.

We took the ferry to Santander, and after 2 days in the mountains, the tread had disappeared from the edges and I realised they were never going to last another 12-days!

I found a tyre dealer on Oviedo, and had a choice between a pair of Metzeler Roadtec 01 or Dunlop 'Somethingorothers'. I was pretty sure I had read good reports about the Metzelers, but knew nothing about the Dunlops.. the Spanish fitters were trying to tell me that the Metzelers were a good 'sports-touring' tyre, and the Dunlops were a more sportier tyre, but quicker-wearing. As I was 2-up, and under strict instructions not to bin it, I went for the Metzelers.

What a revelation! I couldn't believe how well they turned into corners, how little effort it was to steer the bike, and how quiet they were (in comparison to the Michelins). I was so pleased that I bought a new pair, intending to fit them after our 2nd Spanish trip last year.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to sell the RT, hence the reason for this sale.

Price drop to £180 collected, £190 posted.

Back
Top Bottom