Out on the wifes Scrambler today

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dam this bike is fun, just goes to show that you don't have to go real fast to have fun, great pops on down shifts from Termi exhaust so light and for me like being on a toy bike....Love it......

Sounds great , which variant is it ?
And where’s the picture of you on it so we can gauge the size ?:aidan

I had a ikon one I’m 5’8” 16st great fun bike I wish I still had it.
71dc04c6f41268ede62be802dc89a0c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pic sorry, But I is about 6 foot and 13 stone....It is a yellow Icon...I think this is a keeper......

If she keeps on buying bikes like this then she can stay.....

I was in Preston Ducati on Friday and saw the 1100 scrambler for the first time. For those longer in the leg this could work better for you.
Having ridden the original 800 scrambler when they first came out, I can say that it wasn't short on grunt from low in the rev range onwards.
Being a smallish bike it's handling was a breeze nipping through heavy traffic in Manchester then onto country lanes where it excelled.
The 1100 has obviously got more poke to offer, but it's heavier so maybe its not as light footed. Horses for courses.

Looks like a decent laugh , second hand ones are cheap enough too :D

People seem to keep them for a few weeks judging by the milage of the second hand bikes , I really fancy one im looking for a lighter bike that can cope with the shocking roads in shropshire.
Desert sled maybe

People seem to keep them for a few weeks judging by the milage of the second hand bikes , I really fancy one im looking for a lighter bike that can cope with the shocking roads in shropshire.
Desert sled maybe

Great fun but the reason so many with low mileage just like ours is the seat is bloody awful.. hour tops for me any way

I have just got a 2017 ,1500 mile Desert sled I love it but the seat is a sick joke.
I have a second hand sargent seat on the way .You could contact Kev ,Holy goat custom motorcycle seats ,he has reshaped and foamed a scrambler seat .
He has made me 2 custom seats both are magnificent

Of all the aftermarket stuff in our biker world, seat re-upholstery seems to me to be sensibly priced.

Getting a re-shape, or a gel insert, and a re-cover does not cost much and if it means the bike's more comfortable, why wouldn't you?

Just for context, I once added a top box plate to a bike and for me that was serious, hand wringing farkling. I don't get a christmas card from Touratech....

I have a scrambler today as a loan bike whilst mine has the full Termi fitted

What a laugh this thing is- proper old school fun

Not fast but nimble, surprisingly comfy and the real surprise is how good the stock suspension is on what is the base model that i have. Ride home from the dealers was 10 miles of motorway and at 75 it was fine then 10 miles of back roads where it is just such good fun.

Th desert sled version is just lovely and although i doubt very that much i could live with one for a main bike, as a second bike for lovely sunny Sundays on back B roads i think it would be hard to beat for pure fun

I have a scrambler today as a loan bike whilst mine has the full Termi fitted

What a laugh this thing is- proper old school fun

Not fast but nimble, surprisingly comfy and the real surprise is how good the stock suspension is on what is the base model that i have. Ride home from the dealers was 10 miles of motorway and at 75 it was fine then 10 miles of back roads where it is just such good fun.

Th desert sled version is just lovely and although i doubt very that much i could live with one for a main bike, as a second bike for lovely sunny Sundays on back B roads i think it would be hard to beat for pure fun

Or third..I guess that's why so so many have low mileage

Super fun bike. Comfy, nimble, cool and just looks great! Highly recommended!
364b74c33b2c3471d69205b7f0c15e20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Sargent seat added to the Scrambler, What a difference arse ache has gone...

Back
Top Bottom