Thanks guys.

I read only just recently it was a CR123

I was thinking, that should be easy to remember

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I read only just recently it was a CR123

I was thinking, that should be easy to remember

Yes but standard or rechargeable,

Here's a thought, if they are rechargeable will they recharge when I start using the bike again?

Ok. That but I'm not sure about. But I would have expected non-rechargable.

Ok. That but I'm not sure about. But I would have expected non-rechargable.

I was thinking the same. I shall order some then. At least it gives a warning if they get low on power again.

Just done a search myself. The battery send to be correct (CR123A ) but no mention of rechargeable...

mine to

Just done a search myself. The battery send to be correct (CR123A ) but no mention of rechargeable...

How odd reading this - mine came on this weekend as well for first time ever - 2006 GSA 69K - batteries are cheap about £4 i think - anyone found a good video on how to change ?

How odd reading this - mine came on this weekend as well for first time ever - 2006 GSA 69K - batteries are cheap about £4 i think - anyone found a good video on how to change ?

There is a vid on utube , the alarm is in front of the rear light under the panel under the rear seat,
Mine has gone for the first time too, 2006 gsa with 96,500 miles on it.

Bahnstormers

Hi Gazza - Bahnstormer said they will do mine for me as 100% i will break something with my sausage fingers and zero patience :beerjug:

Hi Gazza - Bahnstormer said they will do mine for me as 100% i will break something with my sausage fingers and zero patience :beerjug:

I'm going to give it a go at the weekend. Batteries ordered. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to give it a go at the weekend. Batteries ordered. Fingers crossed.

Fairly easy job to do. Remove rear rack. Remove plastic seat panel under rear seat. Don't forget the little bolt near the seat lock. .
Undo the four bolts on top of the alarm. Turn over the lid I didn't disconnect the wires from the battery compartment. Undo 2 small screws on the battery cover. Replace batteries.
Put it all back together again. Mind your fingers trying to put all four spacers back in.
I think it took me as long to clean all the dirt that was accumulated under the plastic cover over the last 13 years.

Anyway. New batteries in. Still got dwalo on the dash, started the bike for a minute. Still there. Does this need to reset by dealer or will the obc recognise the new batteries after a bit of use?

Fairly easy job to do. Remove rear rack. Remove plastic seat panel under rear seat. Don't forget the little bolt near the seat lock. .
Undo the four bolts on top of the alarm. Turn over the lid I didn't disconnect the wires from the battery compartment. Undo 2 small screws on the battery cover. Replace batteries.
Put it all back together again. Mind your fingers trying to put all four spacers back in.
I think it took me as long to clean all the dirt that was accumulated under the plastic cover over the last 13 years.

Anyway. New batteries in. Still got dwalo on the dash, started the bike for a minute. Still there. Does this need to reset by dealer or will the obc recognise the new batteries after a bit of use?

Did you resync the fobs to the alrm and arm disarm it?

Did you resync the fobs to the alrm and arm disarm it?

Nope, alarm isn't self arming so I assumed it was not activated, ill give that a go tomorrow, didn't think of that,

I'll see if it arms itself first I guess, then at least I'll know if the fob is synced or not.

Alarm works fine, fob activates it without a re-sinc, I didn't think it would need a re-sinc as the relationship between the two isn't changed by removing the alarm batteries.
Oh well, every thing works so I'll wait until I start riding it to see if that has any effect on the dash warning.

Alarm works fine, fob activates it without a re-sinc, I didn't think it would need a re-sinc as the relationship between the two isn't changed by removing the alarm batteries.
Oh well, every thing works so I'll wait until I start riding it to see if that has any effect on the dash warning.

Might need a friendly Gs911 to clear it then :)

Might need a friendly Gs911 to clear it then :)

Update,
Just been out to do some work on the bikes and turned on the key on the gsa, the dwalo warning has now gone from the dash , it must reset itself I guess once the ecu recognises that the batteries are now ok.
All sorted.

I have this fob on my keys but very rarely use the alarm (it doesn’t self arm) as the bike is never left anywhere and is kept in a locked garage (internal to the house) but on reading this I thought ............ ‘I’ll just see if mine still works’ ............ I pressed the button .......... nothing! the led on the fob flashes but the bike just sat there quietly 😢
I read about the possibility of the fob bring the issue so I tried the spare fob .......... same again 😢
I’ve ordered two CR123a’s to replace the ones in the alarm box under the seat

I’ll post when I’ve changed them and see if it’ll be brought back to life? 🤞

I have this fob on my keys but very rarely use the alarm (it doesn’t self arm) as the bike is never left anywhere and is kept in a locked garage (internal to the house) but on reading this I thought ............ ‘I’ll just see if mine still works’ ............ I pressed the button .......... nothing! the led on the fob flashes but the bike just sat there quietly ��
I read about the possibility of the fob bring the issue so I tried the spare fob .......... same again ��

I’ll post when I’ve changed them and see if it’ll be brought back to life? ��

Did you do the fob resync first?

I have this fob on my keys but very rarely use the alarm (it doesn’t self arm) as the bike is never left anywhere and is kept in a locked garage (internal to the house) but on reading this I thought ............ ‘I’ll just see if mine still works’ ............ I pressed the button .......... nothing! the led on the fob flashes but the bike just sat there quietly ��
I read about the possibility of the fob bring the issue so I tried the spare fob .......... same again ��

I’ll post when I’ve changed them and see if it’ll be brought back to life? ��

If you are not getting DWALO message then maybe your alarm battery are OK. If it is the same as my MY 2008 the option to activate the alarm via fob is only available for maybe 20-30 seconds after switching off ignition.

for no sensible reason the recent thread has been closed

I was about to ask - which is the preferred method
what looks like less work doing from beneath or fighting the top box and all the bracing and handles at the top ?

I guess if no top box on a GSA, on top might be sensible
but for the GS I think its half the work from beneath ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvirWa6oHf8

Back
Top Bottom