Airhawk Polyurethane and Cruiser R advice?

Two wheels good

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
I need to replace my old Cruiser Medium (neoprene). It seems all the current Airhawks are Polyurethane these days.
How do they compare to the neoprene for comfort\performance and resistance to punctures.

Is the newer Cruiser R (red stripe) with the scalloped front an improvement on the older style with the square front? Intended for an R1150GS mostly.

Ive got the Cruiser on my 16 Rt and as its the low seat theres less padding in it ,and on a long journey was a right pain in the ass :(Hence why i bought the Airhawk,, takes a bit of getting used to but after a while soon beds in now i can easily ride 4 hrs solid,albeit you do loose the seat heat .

Airhawk are very confident with their products, they offer a 60 day money back guarantee, which means you can basically buy one, use it for a trip and if you don't like it you're able to return it for a full refund still... They're that confident you'll love the seat you won't want to return it which is a pretty large statement to make.

We stock the Cruiser Medium seat here only as 99% of people only want that option. We've had 1 returned out of the 50 odd we've sold over the past year or so.

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/airhawk-2-comfort-cushion-medium.html

Thanks for your replies.
I've now discovered the "Wild Ass" brand. There's actually one for sale here but I think it's too large for my use.

FYI: Wild Ass was created by ex-Airhawk employees and were recently sued by Airhawk for copyright infringement.

After about 6 or 7 years my neoprene Airhawks split along the welded rear seam (fixable with neoprene glue), so far at 7 years my wifes polyurethane Airhawk is absolutely fine

After about 6 or 7 years my neoprene Airhawks split along the welded rear seam (fixable with neoprene glue), so far at 7 years my wifes polyurethane Airhawk is absolutely fine

Thanks. Mine punctured a couple of times on the edge of chambers near front left. Repaired with the recommended kit.
At first I thought I'd must have pierced it but when it happened again I wondered if it was due to strain. Now with patch upon patch I have a slow leak. It's well used, cover is theadbare. Time for an upgrade.

The neoprene ones are best repaired with Black Witch Wetsuit repair glue, the ones I fixed I opened up the split seam and cleaned it out used the above glue and held the split seam in a clamp until it dried.

3 years down the line it is still fine

Back
Top Bottom