R100RS. Recommendation for higher wider handlebars.

Rawls

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m having trouble with the riding position on my R100RS due to arthritis in my left elbow and both wrists. I want to fit slightly higher and wider bars, I realise the faring will have to go and I’m okay with that. Can anyone recommend bars that will do the job, is it even possible without changing cables and brake lines etc?

Thanks for the reply’s, yes I will check that the cables fit okay. Anyone got a spare pair of K1/K5 bars?

Thanks, I’ve just called them and they’ve sorted me some used bars.

Having sorted the bars, I’ve turned my attention to the headlight brackets. I thought the after market type that clamp to the fork would be okay, but having fitted them I’m not that happy with them.
The a pair of BMW brackets are the thick end of £200 plus indicator brackets about £80.
What other options are there? Anyone found decent aftermarket brackets that look and fit nicely? Cheers Rawls

Having sorted the bars, I’ve turned my attention to the headlight brackets. I thought the after market type that clamp to the fork would be okay, but having fitted them I’m not that happy with them.
The a pair of BMW brackets are the thick end of £200 plus indicator brackets about £80.
What other options are there? Anyone found decent aftermarket brackets that look and fit nicely? Cheers Rawls
What do you need,?
Prob have standard shrouds ,etc

Most aftermarket headlight brackets don't allow use of the very deep BMW headlight shell.

Back
Top Bottom