CN Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So got the renewal through for my '05 GS12
Not too bad at £147 inc 100xs, however this is up from £132 last year

Last year I elected to go paperless and have docs sent by email. Of course one rarely reads the minutae ...

Having read the docs, it seems that I was only given UK recover cover, excluding Euro cover! CN don't even have a product that offers this restricted level. CN saying they would have honoured it gives little comfort.:rolleyes:

Apparently they have swapped to a new system and it 'might' have been caused by that. Strange that any error never seems to be in favour of the customer! Another anomaly is that the requested NCD protection has disappeared as one of my requirements.:nenau

I would urge you to check your docs and verify the level of cover meets what you imagined you had if you are similarly caught in the transition phase.:blast

Good advice as many people I speak to only look at the headline figure. Your £147 premium seems good value to me, especially when you consider a separate Euro breakdown policy from someone like Startrescue will cost £57 per year for similar cover.
I imagine if you go to Meerkats or similar you will get a quote for around £95 from Hastings for their skinny policy, but breakdown will be extra and the excess will be £350 or more.

I have in the past been pretty loyal to CN offerings and the majority of my biking years have been covered by them.
And Wesson is right, still good value IF euro cover is included.
So after 90 minutes on phone last night going over all the “just to confirm questions”, rejecting their 181 offer for the same policy via confused.com, we settled on them giving me the same price as confused version at £131!
Seriously, what a waste of time although she was very pleasant to talk to, I have raised the question as to why I have had a Scoot and Commute policy (not mentioned anywhere in last years paperwork) . I don’t really know spect any sensible answer from them but perhaps pigs might fly..

Yes, same old dance, renewal in , up by £32 to £254 for 2019. Went onto their website as a new customer and same cover for £180.

I have in the past let them try to reduce their original quote but the saving was not close to the new price, no brainer....

I have finished with CN.
I have to swap a fair few bikes around this coming 12 months to get rid and to replace and I have told them I am opting for a more expensive policy to cover my bikes, but with no admin fees for changes and that is the only reason I am changing.....To change each time is £40.00 on a multibike policy and they were not open to negotiation.

I guess they are now too big to offer the personal touch that used to get them repeat business from many.
I remember Carole’s son, Malcolm I think,sorting me out a decent price following the writing off of my first bike.

Still waiting for the call back from the complaints team despite it being promised within 48hrs over a week ago......

I've spent 2hrs on the phone to carol nash who auto renewed,dispite being told in advance by email not to.
I have been with them since carole ran the business from her office / garage at home.
The business is too big now and NOT competitive
this WILL be my last year with CN:blast

Further to the last. .....I lodged an official complaint to Carole Nash, then several days later got an official apology via phone and in writing. .....
compensation bringing my policy below last year's level for one bike
but
I now have two bikes on the policy
so
it pays to complain about shoddy customer service:rob

Welli eventually got a callback and the chap says he’s listened to my call from a year ago, last renewal negotiations.
I did apparently acknowledge that only uk breakdown was ok as I had European cover with a bank account, sounds feasible and I do have a shocking memory so I apologised for being a twat, all good !

I’ll close the thread, my work is done here (and I don’t need reminding abaout being a twat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom