Packtalk fitment to LS2 Valiant FF399 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to swap from Shark Evoline-3 helmet to the above mentioned LS2 FF399 which seems a pretty similar helmet in terms of design.

Looking for any info re the fitment of a Packtalk to the LS2 - so far I have seen and handled the helmet but it has a pronounced lip in the bottom edge which will make fitting with the sprung base plate a problem. Use of the alternative stick on mount may be frustrated by a non-flat surface.

Also the sunvisor operating slider appears to be exactly where one would preferably fit the coms unit.

Any experiences??

I jave a shoei neotec, as sounds similar to yours,the sun visor mechanism does dictate how far around the plate can be placed ( ie not very near the front), I rely on the voice commands ( oh dear!) to operate the PT, as I would need to be double jointed to use the buttons, I can just about use the roller wheel. The Sena 20 s was not much better.
The cardo connect app does offer the chance to control the unit thru your phone, if mounted on handle bar mount, but this just seems yet another way of ensuring I ride off the road thru the nearest hedge!
The adhesive patch method of mounting should work across a surface as long as it is not too strongly curved, but I do prefer the plate mount method for peace of mind
HTH

I have found the cardo help desk quite useful and certainly quicker to respond than the dire service from sena, might be worth dropping them an email and asking the question specific to your helmet

tech@cardosystems.com
give them the serial number off the back of the head unit
the cardo website is remarkable useless for any specific issue, as was senas version

I jave a shoei neotec, as sounds similar to yours,the sun visor mechanism does dictate how far around the plate can be placed ( ie not very near the front), I rely on the voice commands ( oh dear!) to operate the PT, as I would need to be double jointed to use the buttons, I can just about use the roller wheel. The Sena 20 s was not much better.
The cardo connect app does offer the chance to control the unit thru your phone, if mounted on handle bar mount, but this just seems yet another way of ensuring I ride off the road thru the nearest hedge!
The adhesive patch method of mounting should work across a surface as long as it is not too strongly curved, but I do prefer the plate mount method for peace of mind
HTH

I have found the cardo help desk quite useful and certainly quicker to respond than the dire service from sena, might be worth dropping them an email and asking the question specific to your helmet

tech@cardosystems.com
give them the serial number off the back of the head unit
the cardo website is remarkable useless for any specific issue, as was senas version

I also have a Notec with a Packtalk, I can operate the buttons fine and easily reach the roller wheel and switch it on an off. I used the sticky pad to mount mine, it sits just back from the opening mechanism. I have the mount on my C3 Pro as well, a bit further back because the visor slide is at the bottom, again mounted with the sticky pad and no issues at all

I had previous Intercom unit fitted to my previous helmet (Caberg Justissimo) with the sticky velcro pad because I couldn't get the clip to mount. I was worried that it would fall off, but it never did in a few years of use (including some proper wet days).

Current unit is fixed to C3 Pro with the fixed mount and it is further back than I'd like because of the visor slider, but it's not really a problem.

Great response, thanks guys.
I too would rather use the clip mount but til I buy one I can’t really go to work on it, I’ll contact Cardo to see what they recommend.

Popped to the Kim dealer in Thirsk at the weekend but they had no LS2, just a rather nice design of my existing Evoline 3 which has been an excellent helmet but the LS2 is a smaller shell overall and I’m hoping to look a little less like that MotoGP mascot fella!

So ended up at York Infinity but alas no LS2 so I plumped for a Schuberth C3 Pro - seems quite nice, stuck the coms on with the sticky pad arrangement.

Lets see how much quieter than the Evoline it is....

Thanks for all the comments guys, closing thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom