System 7, What comms?

Jacal

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a Schuberth system or Sena 10R or the 10U to a system 7 helmet with success ? The BMW comms unit which does very little is horrendously expensive !

I Have a Sena 30K which does everything I need and connects the TFT, Nav 6, phone and pair with other units, I could sort of....'stick it on'....but it would be a little too far back for me and have to be fixed with silicon sealant to form the shape, which I'm reluctant to do to a new helmet and comms unit so it may be up for sale (30k, not the helmet :confused: )

The Sena's looks like they could do the job but does anyone know for sure :nenau

Your help would be much appreciated :bow

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro and Sena 20S. The flip does mean it has to be fitted further back which isn't ideal, but you soon get used to it.

Cheers Quinten but unfortunately the shape of the helmet makes it not possible for the sticky pad to fit without using ether silicone or Sugru forming glue, the clamp is a no-go as the rim is too thick.

I want to know this too.

As per my earlier post below it seems the BMW Comms pack is a pain to pair with other brands. I like the 'integral' fit but if it won't pair with others it's no use to me.

I'm happy with my Sena s20evo on my other lid, but just can't see how it will sit right on my system 7:surrender

I'm using an SMH10 on mine with the sticky base that has the cable mic as opposed to the clamp with the big boom mic. It works fine. SMH 10 perhaps getting a bit long in the tooth now but the cost of upgrading isn't worth it until it breaks on me.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I'm using an SMH10 on mine with the sticky base that has the cable mic as opposed to the clamp with the big boom mic. It works fine. SMH 10 perhaps getting a bit long in the tooth now but the cost of upgrading isn't worth it until it breaks on me.

Where are you attaching the cable mic? With the chin bar raised I can't see there being anywhere to stick it on the left (and it'd be nowhere near your mouth) ??

Where are you attaching the cable mic? With the chin bar raised I can't see there being anywhere to stick it on the left (and it'd be nowhere near your mouth) ??
That is the downside of it sadly, I tuck my mic between the helmet and cheek pad or else there really is nowhere to put it. It's not ideal and is not as good as the boom but I don't see what choice I have.

The BMW unit is a eyewatering £350 and is only useful for Rider/Passenger and comms on the bike....Bugger all else but the shape of the helmet excludes any other unit that clamps or sticks to the helmet. I've just sold my Sena 30K which I really liked but it wouldn't fit, only with silicon and towards the back of the helmet :blast

Sena have a cheaper model I thinks its a S3 boom that might fit, I'm going to buy one and see, if it doesn't fit then it'll go on the Nexx helmet and the BMW unit on the 7.

The BMW unit is a eyewatering £350 and is only useful for Rider/Passenger and comms on the bike....Bugger all else but the shape of the helmet excludes any other unit that clamps or sticks to the helmet. I've just sold my Sena 30K which I really liked but it wouldn't fit, only with silicon and towards the back of the helmet :blast

Sena have a cheaper model I thinks its a S3 boom that might fit, I'm going to buy one and see, if it doesn't fit then it'll go on the Nexx helmet and the BMW unit on the 7.

You can get the BMW pack for £305 posted on eBay (& your dealer will probably match it :thumb)

Cheers Bonzo...to be fair to the dealer the price quoted was fitted. Will see how I get on with the Sena this weekend.

Let us know how you get/got on Jacal.

I'm so annoyed that the BMW Comms won't pair with other brands (well, that's the word on the street - I haven't tried). Bit of a deal breaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom