Green Cards

rhobgoblins

Reaction score
Looks like we could be going back to the old Green card system post Brexit. Has anyone had anything from their insurance company to confirm how it would work.

The cynic in me says that it will be an excuse to charge extra or if going through a broker, like the majority of us do, will raise their "admin fee".

Looks like we could be going back to the old Green card system post Brexit. Has anyone had anything from their insurance company to confirm how it would work.

The cynic in me says that it will be an excuse to charge extra or if going through a broker, like the majority of us do, will raise their "admin fee".

I've heard from my car insurer, Esure.
They don't know yet what the situation will be, but if a green card is required they will issue one, no charge or fee required.

The system for producing green cards still works, so it shouldn’t be a really big issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I checked with mine recently and was told they would only issue them closer to the time if necessary.

Other problem is possible need for an international licence in case of no deal

The system for producing green cards still works, so it shouldn’t be a really big issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A bloody pain in the arse if you’re used to just driving off to Europe when you feel like it without having to tell anybody.

sounds like there will be a delay any way......March 29th won't happen by the sounds of it

Yup heard from Admiral today!
Get your green card ready !

Im insured with LV and e-mailed for a green card last Saturday and it arrived Tuesday. No cost, no drama.

Changed my car insurance to Aviva today, long message about giving 3 weeks notice for a green card if you are travelling after 29/3, as it’s only 4 weeks away get your orders in now!!

Al.

Err traveling around Scotland in May so maybe better to apply now, unless they have special arrangements up there by then??
:augie :thumb2

By coincidence I emailed my insurers just today to ask what their process is for acquiring a green card, I await a response.

Back
Top Bottom