Halvarssons Mick Wynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littledumptruck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got any contact details for Mick Wynn?

We had a talk by him at our Iam group this week, during which he really banged on about how we must use ‘technical’ garments like theyre Merano wool base layers under their Textile kit. So I pointed out that they, and pretty much no one else, make such kit to go with the larger sizes of jacket that they sell.
He kind of persauded me they do 3xls which are ‘really stretchy’. So I ordered one once home, which has just arrived, and it nowhere near strectchy enough. And id go as far to say that its an ‘italian 3xl’ and much nearer a std xl in real world sizing!!
So having wasted £54, and now having to go through the hassle of returning it, I just thought he should know so he doesnt persaude another sucker into the same mistake, and also maybe he’ll get this back to the company (which is afterall what his actual job is all about).

Please PM me if anyone has an email or mobile no for him. Cheers
(I have searched online etc, and there isnt even contact details for anything halvarssons in the uk. Seems you can only contact retailers or head office in swedan ffs).

We had a talk by him at our Iam group this week, during which he really banged on about how we must use ‘technical’ garments like theyre Merano wool base layers under their Textile kit. So I pointed out that they, and pretty much no one else, make such kit to go with the larger sizes of jacket that they sell.
He kind of persauded me they do 3xls which are ‘really stretchy’. So I ordered one once home, which has just arrived, and it nowhere near strectchy enough. And id go as far to say that its an ‘italian 3xl’ and much nearer a std xl in real world sizing!!
So having wasted £54, and now having to go through the hassle of returning it, I just thought he should know so he doesnt persaude another sucker into the same mistake, and also maybe he’ll get this back to the company (which is afterall what his actual job is all about).

(I have searched online etc, and there isnt even contact details for anything halvarssons in the uk. Seems you can only contact retailers or head office in swedan ffs).

Ring your local Halvarssons dealer and they will either give you his number or pass on yours details......

Here I am!!!!!

I’ve various Halvarssons base-layers, and they are superb. While I find them stretchy, I agree Halvarssons’ base-layer sizing is more Italian than Swedish.

Incidentally, Halvarssons’ Warm Wool Polo deserves special mention for being the best thing (even nicer to wear than ZeroFit and Rukka base-layers) since sliced Swedish bread.

well if that is you

can you answer why the majority, probably all clothing manufacturers do not make bib and brace trousers?

it does not matter if its Halvarssons & Lindstrands , Fukka, or whoever, water still gets up the front in the gap between the top and bottoms where the full zip ends

i would consider myself a high mileage rider using bikes for work (though may be not to some but i do at least 10x the average miles per year in all weathers) and its that element that lets all kit down to the extent i have a pair made with a bib and brace front

I spend all day on the bike and to be wet from a motorway ride first thing in the morning is just unacceptable
I ride an adventure style and sports tourer and it happens on both styles of bike

I know I could get a boil in the bag one piece but as experienced today I couldn’t just stop on the hard shoulder of the motorway to put additional waterproofs on over waterproof kit, I just got wet on the way to the next services

We’ve leapt from base to outer layers with nary a thought for poor forgotten mid-layers :)

I’ve never had rain run between my jacket’s front and trousers, but it’s undoubtedly thanks to my water-repellent shape :D

i have a pair made with a bib and brace front
Made by Hideout?

well if that is you

can you answer why the majority, probably all clothing manufacturers do not make bib and brace trousers?

it does not matter if its Halvarssons & Lindstrands , Fukka, or whoever, water still gets up the front in the gap between the top and bottoms where the full zip ends

i would consider myself a high mileage rider using bikes for work (though may be not to some but i do at least 10x the average miles per year in all weathers) and its that element that lets all kit down to the extent i have a pair made with a bib and brace front

I spend all day on the bike and to be wet from a motorway ride first thing in the morning is just unacceptable
I ride an adventure style and sports tourer and it happens on both styles of bike

I know I could get a boil in the bag one piece but as experienced today I couldn’t just stop on the hard shoulder of the motorway to put additional waterproofs on over waterproof kit, I just got wet on the way to the next services

Why don’t you try using armoured jeans so you get the level of protection you require then go to any mountaineering shop and see what they’ve got in stock or use the power of Google by typing in the words mountaineering salopettes.

When I was an active winter climber I always used my salopettes on the bike because they usually have very long zips and wide openings on the legs which enable you to get them on over plastic mountaineering or skiing boots and if you’re camping you don’t need to get fully dressed in the tent so you can step outside without getting wet feet.

well if that is you

I had a pair of B+B trousers before my first set of Halvarssons. But they were real cheapo kit, Tuzo brand if Iirc. In general they did keep me dryer than previous trousers managed. With the Halvarssons I’m back to getting a wet belly in heavy rain, although I tend to add overtrousers and jacket to stop the havlavarssons kit getting soaked and needing 3 days to dry back out. I also found they only use two connecting zip sizes, the bigger of which gets too short for the larger models of jacket and trouser leaving a huge gap. I ended up paying Hideout to replace it with a full length one which hugely improved the fit and waterproofing!! I’ve also paid them to add a full length velcro to the jackets flap on both my original and my replacement jackets. Huge improvement in draft proofing and waterproofing since. As much as I really like both my Prime trousers and Prince jacket they are far from perfect and I see no improvement in the newer models although in time I dare say I’ll end up buying them.
Hideout made my wife a pair of made to measure salopetes, bloody pricey though, but they fit spot on and work really well, although she rarely wears them in truth. She had Kate make a pair of Modified Draggin jeans too and they’re so good they’ve become her standard kit ever since.

Here I am!!!!!
Only 4yrs late Mick!! I was told you’re no longer with Halvarssons? And I recently gave the top to a mate in exchange for an almost new Baglux tank bag. Managed to find Merano long sleeve tops that do fit on Amazon instead. Also found two alternative ‘technical wear’ tops that also seem to work ok.

well if that is you

lose weight, its only the fatties that suffer with this.

The main reason most do not make bib and brace front, is no one really likes them.

We had a talk by him at our Iam group this week….

I guess whoever from within the group organised the talk, would know?

I guess whoever from within the group organised the talk, would know?

Tried that, but he is our groups ‘total arse’, you know the type, every groups got one. He just refused for whatever excuse he felt like using that week. I also tried through Halvarssons but also got nowhere. But as I said earlier, its no longer an issue really, I just wanted Mick to know they’re base layers didn’t go anywhere near big enough for the biggest jackets. I’ve since lost about 7 stone and it still didnt fit even though I’m now in a size 58. So I’d estimate they’re biggest base layer is only big enough to 54 or a tight 56.

Tried that, but he is our groups ‘total arse’, you know the type, every groups got one. He just refused for whatever excuse he felt like using that week. I also tried through Halvarssons but also got nowhere. But as I said earlier, its no longer an issue really, I just wanted Mick to know they’re base layers didn’t go anywhere near big enough for the biggest jackets. I’ve since lost about 7 stone and it still didnt fit even though I’m now in a size 58. So I’d estimate they’re biggest base layer is only big enough to 54 or a tight 56.

thats obvioulsy their target market. You cannot expect a company to make clothes up to tent size, just because people eat too much.

thats obvioulsy their target market. You cannot expect a company to make clothes up to tent size, just because people eat too much.

But they do. They make jackets up to 66, trousers to match, and if you listen to one of Micks talks he spends most of the time banging on about using they’re base layers and how essential they are. He convinced me the largest would fit and it was nowhere near, even after losing weight. I’ve since donated them to a mate and bought similar elsewhere. Anyway, this is very old news, my post was originally an attempt to try and update him so he doesn’t mis advise others. Time has passed and I’ve moved on. I was only replying now since he’s just joined here and messaged.
I’m gonna close the thread to stop it being trolled further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom