Hi from Bershire. New R1250GS TE

Amadeus

Reaction score
Hi all

Just (yesterday) picked up a R1250GE TE with low seat, vario top box & panniers, navigator vi, engine bars, mud sling and Wunderlich stand foot enlarger.
Did 180 miles yesterday - very enjoyable.

I have bad hips (waiting for op) so getting on and off with panniers was harder than I expected. Is it safe to stand on the peg with bike on side stand? Work great but wasn't sure if I just got lucky... 😄

Am I right in thinking it doesn't come with any kind of toolkit? p174 of manual refers to tools and also a kit you can buy but i read it as I need to go and buy one (they're quite steep!).

Thanks

Greetings & congrats on your new bike....:thumb2

As for tools.....could be an optional extra, so make a list of what you need & if you want BMW items, contact Cotswold BMW as their service is 1st class & you can enquire about a tool kit & get yourself a cheeky discount (if you ask nicely).

Hi all

Just (yesterday) picked up a R1250GE TE with low seat, vario top box & panniers, navigator vi, engine bars, mud sling and Wunderlich stand foot enlarger.
Did 180 miles yesterday - very enjoyable.

I have bad hips (waiting for op) so getting on and off with panniers was harder than I expected. Is it safe to stand on the peg with bike on side stand? Work great but wasn't sure if I just got lucky... ��

Am I right in thinking it doesn't come with any kind of toolkit? p174 of manual refers to tools and also a kit you can buy but i read it as I need to go and buy one (they're quite steep!).

Thanks

That's how I get on and off mine all the time with the panniers on...

Back
Top Bottom