R1150 Gs '02 REAR RACK

quipple

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, Anybody selling a rear rack for an R1150 GS (not Adventure) ?

Thanks, Bernie

Hopefully i've managed to copy the images over. See original Ad below. Will take £40 plus postage. Cheers

Hi folks

I’ve been trialling out a “homemade” rear rack extension on my 1150GS (non-Adventure) over the past year with great success. I didn’t want to fit a top box due to the added vibrations and restrictions for packing (can’t fit a tent/camping equipment in a top box), so I like to use a 50L roll top dry bag. The rear rack extension is perfect for this job. There are some similar designs available online but at vast costs so I thought I’d have a go at making my own and selling a few in here to boot.

Below are some photos of the rack fitted to my bike and in use. Please understand that this is for the non-adventure version only, as it utilises the pillion handle to secure the rack and distribute the load. There are 2 x 8mm holes for mounting into the slotted sections on the rear of the bike subframe. The M8 fixings for which are not included. I have used the round head Allen bolts supplied with my panniers (to relocate indicators) to do this job.

The rack is laser cut from 2mm stainless steel so is extremely sturdy, weighs 1.2kg and includes a “R1150GS” engraving just for that added bit of “farkle”. I must admit that the underside of the parts are scratched slightly during laser cutting but these won’t be visible on the bike. The top surface is protected so has a great finish.

I’ve made a single run of 20 of these parts for sale in the group, priced at £55 including UK shipping. I don’t have any plans to do another run as I may not have the resource to do so in the future (moving jobs) so please get in contact if you want one. If they go quickly (within the month for example), I may be able to run another batch but only if there is the demand obviously.

Please direct message with your postage details and I will share paypal details for friends and family payment.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

All the Best

D

9MGFLI9.jpg

X4Cdtfy.jpg

Yn2aD4F.jpg

hJCdZrn.jpg

xJZvuEt.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom