The Great Escape (and added attractions)

Anyway back to Stanzach area.

Lovely walk about and managed to grab a drink and food.

Very tempted to head to Fussen and start looking at film locations but have a bout of sensibleness come over me so retire to Haus AM and get my head down.

Neck securely taped up, hoping it holds through the night and I don't wake to a scene from Reservoir Dogs.

I'm asleep quickly in mountain air and I'm a bit shagged out from playing Surgeon General.......

Oh and most importantly.........The Klim Badlands is pretty much unscathed.

Yup, Berchtesgaden is WELL worth the view. If I recall there are lockers for bike kit there too? Never had an issue with security in Germany or Austria.

That looks like a nasty nip (bloomin inland sharks eh!) hope it stays intact and you get on the mend fella.

Thanks for info and good wishes 996

With hindsight I recon I messed up there.

I'm always a bit wary of leaving bike out where its obvious that you'll be away for a few hours, such as in this example.

Good to know its regarded as safe.

Still, good excuse to have to go back:beer:

If you're near Stanzach, I would highly recommend a visit to the Speyer museum if you haven't been already. You can't be more than 20-30km away. Huge collection of all manner of aircraft, plus the Russian space shuttle, loads of classic motorbikes, an Antonov and a U-boat you can go inside. :beerjug:

Didn't know of that.

I will most certainly go back this year then.

Thanks v much.

This site is fab for just this sort of stuff

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Please go ahead mate

May help others too.

Plus some respite from my inane drivel....

Ok here are a few, massive place you can spend hours at. The Jumbo up on the stand for instance, is partly gutted so you can underneath in the hold, out on the wing and then slide down in the big tube slide when you're done. Apologies for some of the nefarious characters pictured herein... ;)

q77tV9l.jpg

UWX4iTJ.jpg

udBLQvy.jpg

DOhn7ZM.jpg

guYMrQV.jpg

07jpIPK.jpg

7enbEWE.jpg

kGZcENV.jpg

emPcrJR.jpg

HIQk5SN.jpg

ToPZMEs.jpg

NXOEpGD.jpg

XY0wkSx.jpg

hDffiG5.jpg

WRM5fxD.jpg

nMYGs4Q.jpg

Fab........

I'm always concerned when I see something Soviet made flying.

Years ago I got a go in an ex commie Hind Helicopter and it was horrific inside.

Bodge jobs everywhere, badly tyres, vibrated like a tumble dryer.

When we all became mates the Ruskies painted up a Mig 29 and sent it on a west tour. From 20 metres it looked fab. Inside it looked like a Chipmunk. Again badly tyres and many bodge jobs inside. Never got a go in it sadly but the crew were having a great time enjoying their bit of capitalist hospitality.

Thanks v much for posting.

I will 100pc be going there ......

I'm on it like a tramp on hot chips......

Awake and no bloodbath so the Great Escape Re Enactment (minus wire jump) is on.

Breakfast with Frau AM, give the charade game a miss this morning as I'm a bit tender.

A few odd looks at breakfast , folks wondering why an English bloke is in shorts, fleece and has masking tape round his neck.

I decide to go long way towards fussen as I'll get to do the longer length of the great road again.

Set GPS to "Steal Bike' ard were off......

Honk it along the Stanzach road and head North to Fussen. Slight change of route as the favourite called "Coburns Bar' comes up as closer.

You will recall that JC grabs a drink at the bar and gets called over for a phone call, in order that he's safe when resistance fighters blow away some Nazi oiks.

Bar was built for movie but rest remains pretty much as was....

Picturesque spot.

Hard not to smile like a child and remember watching movie and the German wagon come down the hill and over the bridge.......
019db9a2fcc2a04804185848615a8086.jpg
373e0b16e154f8a7325c3b33b391a308.jpg

How have you found out where all these filming locations where? I love stuff like that...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mate I just googled it and grabbed bits from few web sites.

I'm a big movie fan so regularly visit locations.

There are plenty in UK such as the church and wheel from The Eagle Has Landed. It's near Reading :)

Back
Top Bottom