The Great Escape (and added attractions)

Next morning follow the river valley for a bit which is magnificent then head on GPS to Rotterdam via A or B roads UK style.

Hop on ferry and an uneventful return home.

Been a great trip.

Neck is still fine and all my kit and the bike have been faultless.

Klim - Brilliant

Forma Boots - Brilliant

Spada Helmet - Best Ive ever owned regardles of price tag

Ice Breaker Base Layers - The best. Not cheap.

12 GSA LC - Without fault.

Thanks for joining me and if anyone wants more details on routes, accommodation, site spots etc etc feel free to PM me and we can chat.

Real Time Update.

After Chemo and Radio (8 weeks of living hell Id only wish on Jimmy Savile), I got the word CURED thrown at me 3 weeks ago so thanks to those who have posted kind words.

Mate I just googled it and grabbed bits from few web sites.

I'm a big movie fan so regularly visit locations.

There are plenty in UK such as the church and wheel from The Eagle Has Landed. It's near Reading :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The pub that features in The Battle of Britain is just up the road from me...

Here endeth any film set knowledge I have.

This has been.......

61f1bfade38cda868f66449d0f867ea7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm impressed with your Belvita action. I wonder if Mrs May has packed a suitcase full of them to take to Brussels with her. Maybe it'll swing the deal?

Great news about your neck. Show those bloody crocodiles who is boss!

I've long been harbouring thoughts of a good tour round Germany. Only done the odd week here and there but a longer trip has to be in the offing.

Agreed regarding Germany totally.

I think that Mr Barnier et al are enjoying Mrs May having to sweat like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

I honestly think it is a hugely underrated and thus missed out on area.

Personally having done te usual passes in alps to death i get bored of traffic and places like Stelvio (whisper this), actually are a good box ticking but not especially fun to ride.

I much prefer 3rd or 4th gear 50 60 mph sweeping mountain roads and there are loads in Germany and on fringes of the "established" biker areas.

Each to their own I guess......

Bel Vitas are now my goto bribe :)

I always carry some US dollars as its the world currency really and speaks all languages Ive come across on my travels and with work.

If I'm heading east, I will always pick up some Marlboro fags too even though I don't smoke.

Great for Bulgarian speeding "local fines" etc

Been a thoroughly great read S92GS. If you are ever back in the Harz I can recommend the road up/down Kyffhauser, best on a weekday though.

Great news on the health front, and you now have a scar that Mick Dundee would be proud of to boot. ;)

Another one to go see..........

Susan George in webbing too

Susannah York, according to IMDB.

The pub is The Jackdaw, Denton. On the A260 between Folkestone and Canterbury. Parts were also filmed at Hawkinge Aerodrome, a few miles closer to Folkestone. That has been built on recently - thousands of characterless houses - but there's a great little Battle of Britain Museum.

Let me know if you're planning a visit and I'll buy you one of those rare beers.

Brilliant read - many thanks for sharing it with us and glad to hear you're well on the mend! :beerjug:

A throughly good read which I’ve enjoyed and pleased you’ve now been given a clean bill of health.

Great thread enjoyed following it. Particularly Fussen We visited a couple of years ago, beautiful place, we arrived in the worst lightning storm and torrential rain :mad: the next day was beautiful though.

Keen to go again now and visit the places you've been. Also I havent watched The Great Escape for probably 20 years or more so might have a look on netflix if its on there. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom